Author Topic: Wiki Tables  (Read 6791 times)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Wiki Tables
« Topic Start: August 21, 2011, 08:10:46 AM »
Hello everyone.

I'm trying to design tables for the new dueling sport "Convocation of the Sword" on Dwilight (come join, it's fun!) but all my tests have turned out wretched. My simple score board sort of works/looks nice. I'd like to design a table for the teams. It should have one header column that says "Team Such Such," then I wanted the next column to be split in half beneath the first full sized column. I can't seem to have one complete column above two smaller half columns. Beneath the two half columns I want to put in a list of the team members. I'll add in colour after too, if I can get the thing to look right.

I've been trying a variety of things off this: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Table, but my attempts aren't working properly.

Anyone able to help out? Much appreciated.
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Tables
« Reply #1: August 21, 2011, 08:15:36 AM »
Just as a note, to head off the inevitable posts as I've already had a few people ask:

Yes, this is allowed (so long as they keep to training matches).  That was one of the explicit reasons behind implementing training matches.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 21, 2011, 03:53:17 PM »
This should be what you're looking for

Code: [Select]
{| border="1"
! Left
! colspan="2" | Right
|-
| One One
| Two One
| Three One
|-
| One Two
| colspan="2" | Two Two
|}
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 23, 2011, 07:31:02 PM »

That pointed me in the right direction. I ended up building a whole new looking thing. Thanks  ;D

Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #4: August 24, 2011, 03:04:04 AM »
Wiki formatting is slightly confusing at first, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes far easier than many alternatives.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 24, 2011, 09:05:28 PM »
Just as a note, to head off the inevitable posts as I've already had a few people ask:

Yes, this is allowed (so long as they keep to training matches).  That was one of the explicit reasons behind implementing training matches.

It's funny how after all of our arguing and persuading, and after they put the laws against dueling for sport and shut down our dueling guilds they go ahead and allow training matches. I'm glad, but wished they allowed it much much sooner. The Dwilight Dueling Circuit was a good idea now sunk. Oh well, we're onto the Convocation now!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 24, 2011, 09:21:16 PM »
The problem with the old dueling circuits and guilds was that they (ab)used the dueling-for-honor mechanics. using these for the purposes of recreation was never intended.

There was enough popular demand for the feature, that eventually the need for something to handle it was pretty clear. It took some convincing, but we finally were able to convince Tom to let us add the training matches. You'll notice that there are some significant differences between training matches and real duels, though.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 30, 2011, 02:19:23 PM »
Hmmm I wish one of you lot would bring it over to eastern Dwili :D
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 31, 2011, 04:53:26 AM »
There was enough popular demand for the feature, that eventually the need for something to handle it was pretty clear. It took some convincing, but we finally were able to convince Tom to let us add the training matches. You'll notice that there are some significant differences between training matches and real duels, though.

I am glad they changed their minds. We're having a lot of fun with ours. Thank ya kindly!

If you are willing to take a trip to Donghaiwei then you can bring the club down yourself  :P.

Here is the wiki we've created: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Convocation_of_the_Sword

Come one, come all! Try to beat Morek's best! If you can....

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 31, 2011, 05:07:43 AM »

There's some dueling guild with a presence in PeL and LN (as well as in a few other places).  Path of the Sword.  Not much going on there, from what I've seen, but I haven't paid that much attention either.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 31, 2011, 11:47:39 AM »
There's some dueling guild with a presence in PeL and LN (as well as in a few other places).  Path of the Sword.  Not much going on there, from what I've seen, but I haven't paid that much attention either.

Never really heard them being mentioned by anyone. Have decided to create a new one though anyway since SA lands are too far away for the moment :D

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 31, 2011, 07:36:13 PM »
I'm sure there's a way to transport the guild down. It would be really fun to have a continental dueling sport. That's the objective of the Convocation (and my bias towards it :) ) If you sent up a delegate I'm sure we would receive them hospitably, maybe even spoil them with a festival!  8)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 31, 2011, 07:44:03 PM »
Path of the Sword.
Path of the Sword is in Morek, Terran, D'Hara, and Luria Nova. I swear I just built one in Astrum, but it's not there now... Did it fall apart again?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 31, 2011, 07:44:33 PM »
I'm sure there's a way to transport the guild down. It would be really fun to have a continental dueling sport. That's the objective of the Convocation (and my bias towards it :) ) If you sent up a delegate I'm sure we would receive them hospitably, maybe even spoil them with a festival!  8)

Well the way I was thinking was that the Lurian version and the Convocation would keep in contact and work together to organise international leagues/tournys/whatever ;)