Author Topic: using dice rolls for battlemaster IG  (Read 1277 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
using dice rolls for battlemaster IG
« Topic Start: May 04, 2017, 11:53:35 AM »
I had been thinking about how to implement extra dice rolling in battle master to solve role play situation more randomly.
There are plenty of websites where you can do a simple roll, but the problem is how to share the dice results with other people reliably.

Then i found this free service, its basically a group chat with history where dices can be rolled by any member for all members to see it's outcome.
Only a few of the involved players need to be part of the room for the outcome to be relayed properly.

The implementation possibility for BM are quite numerious.

But I plan to use it for only a very specific set of cases.

I made this room for trial by goat sessions.
https://rolz.org/dr?room=Gotland%20trial%20by%20goat

Basically a way at making decisions for characters in game in Gotland based on a goats specific behavior.
A goat is put in a circle and people wait to see which direction the goat heads to, or which object it starts eating first to reflect a certain decision( think of determining someones guilt like atrial by cross in the middle ages or  determining when to attack, invest or gamble like the roman augury.)
Any decision can be made like this, or even function as an oracle.
Gotland has a theme where it follows the herd, thus where i felt randomness would really fit.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog