Author Topic: Allow commoners to commit petty crimes  (Read 2389 times)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Allow commoners to commit petty crimes
« Topic Start: January 13, 2017, 04:12:35 PM »
Hello all,

Title: Allow commoners to commit petty crimes
Summary: Not all commoners are noble in intent, just like their Lords.  Allow commoners to attempt to rob, mug, and steal.
Details: This would probably require adding a reputation (prestige) to commoners. If they commit crimes and are spotted (but escape) then it's likely they'll get arrested if they hang out in that region for too long.

Benefits: It adds more depth to the Addvie game.

Possible Downsides or Exploits: A group of organized commoners could really damage a region... I think that's called a mob or an uprising.  It would have to be isolated to petty crimes so it couldn't be used as a tool of war.

cheers,

cheers,

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Allow commoners to commit petty crimes
« Reply #1: January 13, 2017, 11:24:39 PM »
Commoners should totes be able to mug other adventurers.  ;D
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 14, 2017, 06:37:10 AM »
I like this idea, sort of like Infiltrator actions to a lesser extent, only instead of getting stabby on a fellow noble, you're getting stabby on that merchant (and then sorting through his pockets afterward). Perhaps the actions can be based off the same skills.

I don't see why it should be limited as suggested though, sure an individual's actions should have little effect on their own (much like courtiers and diplomats have little effect), but nobles can arrest adventurers for any or no reason already, if group of adventurers are causing a problem in a region any troop leading noble can swoop in and gather them up with little trouble as is. Personally I'd like to see that improved upon, maybe at higher skill an adventurer can escape or hide from a noble's troops when a noble tries to arrest them. I could see certain realms hiring such a band of "adventurers" to act as privateers, bandits, or partisans to act against other realms they may or may not actively be at war with as deniable assets (which would give Judges good reason to torture them, as proof that the adventurers are acting as agents of a realm would be good grounds for war).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 06:52:18 AM by steelabjur@aol.com »

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 18, 2017, 02:52:49 PM »
Commoners should totes be able to mug other adventurers.  ;D

great idea!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 18, 2017, 08:50:15 PM »
We can already arrest and punish adventurers, it'd be nice to actually have something to arrest and punish them *for*.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: January 18, 2017, 10:05:38 PM »
I am pretty sure Anaris is against expanding the advy game. He probably wants it to remain only a small part of the game.