Author Topic: General role  (Read 4545 times)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
General role
« Topic Start: January 23, 2017, 08:23:14 PM »
Hi all,

Been talking to someone through the game who does not have an account on this Forum but is playing a lot of different roles. I figured I might as well put this on the Forum (he mentioned it as well), to see what everyone thinks about it.

To be clear, I don't really have an opinion on this, because I mostly play non-military roles.

Just been comparing my General with a Non-General character.

General has just these extra powers:

Commands
1. Step down
2. Generals bulletin
3. Assign militia

4. Other: Can see total CS and composition (infantry/etc split) on the other Info>> Armies screen, though any player can see total CS on the Politics>>Armies page.

I suggest two improvements to the General role:
1. Allow the General to see the same as a Marshal on the Armies page.
2. General should be able to appoint the Marshal and Vice-Marshal, along with the sponsor.

Otherwise might as well merge the Marshal and General roles.

Ps. Army sponsor should be able to revoke Marshal appointment access to the General, just as a regional lord can revoke the Bankers access to granaries.

I've seen several improvements to the banker role in the last year which makes them much more useful. Now the General role needs the same reforms.

Having played a lot with all the Government positions, I really like the powers of the other three, it's just the General that sucks (Marshal
Is far more powerful than General yet not elected).

Powers:

Ruler: Handles diplomacy and government/capital/duchies settings.
Judge: Xan hold courts anywhere, has load of fun options with prisoners, can discipline realm mates.
Banker: Can trade foood in all regions, can go corrupt in he black market, see overall food and tax reports, can call an early tax.
General: Er...can assign militia!!!!!!!!!!!!
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)