Author Topic: General role  (Read 4613 times)

Dogsbody

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: General role
« Topic Start: January 27, 2017, 12:10:23 PM »
Thanks for the feedback everyone and thanks to Wimpie for adding my comment.

I have a day off today so clearly top priority was re-activating my account here!

We try to delegate power as much as possible in Vix Tiramora (along the theme of it being a democracy), and my character got to the point where he was General, Marshal, King and Duke. So as a first step to fix, I asked Wimpie to delegate the Marshal position (he is sponsor) and also appoint a Vice-Marshal, with the hope of grooming these two for the General position.

But then I noticed the amount of information I had on the Info>>>View Armies screen dropped. Before I could see the CS and readiness (which drops due to damage etc) of each unit. After, this info disappeared. So now the 'View armies' screen for my General is almost identical to my Non-General character, only differences are:
1. The General sees total CS at the bottom (but this can be seen by anyone on the Politics>>>List the armies screen anyway.
2. The General sees total army composition (archers etc)
3. The Generals sees this info for each army, if several are running.

My opinion is that the General should see the same info as the Marshals. It's very difficult to make decisions as to who needs to refit without this.

Having played all the difference BM roles (though my infil got executed straight away so that's my weak area), I think the military is by far the hardest and most stressful area to play. It's great that there's a split between the General and Marshal/VM, but both needs certain info to do their job.

As for my other point, a General should be able to appoint Marshals, that's the military hierarchy. I agree with the point about the Sponsor disagreeing with the General, but we already have a good mechanic elsewhere for that: Region Lords can revoke the Banker's access to their granary. Likewise, the sponsor should be able to revoke access to the General. I don't know which dev came up with that Banker improvement but I thought it was awesome.
Daedalus: Vix Tiramora - Draco: Westfold - Dido: Ar Agyr - Deirdre The Younger - Ikalak