Author Topic: General role  (Read 4645 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: General role
« Topic Start: January 27, 2017, 04:51:34 PM »
As Chenier mentioned earlier, this was also created in a time where we had more players and typically also more armies. I know only few realms which really use more than 1 army and if they do, it's often 1 smaller elite army on the side which actually does work quite as planned, as those elite armies often have autonomy.

The main question with having less info for the General is, do we want to keep that process alive? If the answer is yes, then most Generals would have to be Marshals as well, but so far I think we are all leaning towards giving General the same info. This would make the Marshal a bit of a vice-General though.

As to the option of General choosing Marshals, I agree with Chenier above. The General is appointed almost separately from the feudal hierachy to lead the army that all the lords and nobles assembled, including the Marshals etc. He is only there to lead it, but he has no say on who is Marshal etc. Of course IC the General has so much influence that he can usually still dictate who becomes Marshal and if you really disagree, you can decide to create a new army.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela