Author Topic: General role  (Read 4621 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: General role
« Topic Start: January 27, 2017, 05:52:32 PM »
Do note that my replies here are of a sort of explaining, 'this is why its the way it is', not a rejection. So there's no point in saying 'but it should be this way'; I get it. I just wish to ensure you understand why its come to be the way it is. I do consider this change worth giving reconsideration in light of the smaller playerbase.

But then I noticed the amount of information I had on the Info>>>View Armies screen dropped. Before I could see the CS and readiness (which drops due to damage etc) of each unit. After, this info disappeared. So now the 'View armies' screen for my General is almost identical to my Non-General character, only differences are:
1. The General sees total CS at the bottom (but this can be seen by anyone on the Politics>>>List the armies screen anyway.
2. The General sees total army composition (archers etc)
3. The Generals sees this info for each army, if several are running.

My opinion is that the General should see the same info as the Marshals. It's very difficult to make decisions as to who needs to refit without this.
The General isn't supposed to be making decisions as to who needs to refit. That's for the marshals to decide. Or for the General to decide an entire army looks a bit too beat up. Generals don't need to see more information because they don't need to be making the decisions that belong to marshals and trying to micromanage the military.

As for my other point, a General should be able to appoint Marshals, that's the military hierarchy.
Again, because Generals have a bad habit of trying to run everything in the realm. BattleMaster, while battles/war are crucial, also vitally needs interaction, not just a character directing folks like a director commanding stage actors. Having sponsors allows other folks to get a say in how the realm is run. The point is to have the characters of different players working with each other, not giving the General everything.