Author Topic: War Stories  (Read 24640 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Re: War Stories
« Reply #15: March 24, 2011, 07:29:09 PM »
Fontan will soon be reduced to a single duchy. Krimml is burning right now. Funny thing is allies of Fontan are just watching lol

It is really too bad, it will only be the downfall of them (Fontan's allies) as well. We thought about helping fund Fontan's war efforts but can't really do it with our current situation.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #16: March 26, 2011, 06:36:54 PM »
Fontan felt to be in steady decay since 2009. Then again, I suppose its decline possibly started before that in 2008 with the CoF business. Or maybe even before that, but at some point in mid-2008 Fontan was actually winning and pushing into Sirion's territory. I remember Avamar was Fontan's and SoA was making progress in the north, and OR was gone.

Zakilevo

« Reply #17: March 26, 2011, 10:14:24 PM »
It is inevitable I think. Realms will rise and fall like in the real world. I bet Ibladesh and Sirion will fall one day as well. That is what is so fun about this game. Things change constantly. Not much in Atamara though.. CE is still insane.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 05, 2011, 03:46:18 AM »
Fontan felt to be in steady decay since 2009. Then again, I suppose its decline possibly started before that in 2008 with the CoF business. Or maybe even before that, but at some point in mid-2008 Fontan was actually winning and pushing into Sirion's territory. I remember Avamar was Fontan's and SoA was making progress in the north, and OR was gone.

I have to agree, I think it was when I spun off CoF (more the politics of it than the actual secession).  It saw the formation of Westmoor, a lot of the better military minds went to SoA which sort of split the Fontanese war machine.  I don't think it ever recovered.  The Lions were really a crack team of players, backed by some powerful lords.

We'll see where things go from here =)

Zakilevo

« Reply #19: April 05, 2011, 05:35:06 AM »
How did the Lions disappear?

I only heard stories about how they were all trained to the max and well organized.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #20: April 05, 2011, 10:55:32 AM »
The latest war story: "the death of the Sultan"
We were sitting in Krimml, waiting. Sirion was rampaging in Braga, next Greatbridge. It fainted a movement to Oligarch? Why? They would have won in the city and could looted it for a full day. Nevertheless, the urge to return home and cash bonds increased, but Sirion was still in Greatbridge. Our scouts reported that Sirion was moving out to Braga. So we had a chance to hit some stranglers and prevent that Sirion could attack Krimml with what forces it had left, but there was always the possibility that they would remain where they are. The Padisah Akinci VII, Sultan Leandros' personal guard, together with his Asanian comrades marched with valour towards Greatbridge. And with his sword held high, he faced the Sirionite army. The odds, 3 to 1, but Leandros was without fear. He aimed his sword towards his elven foes, and yelled: "Attack! For the glory of the Sultanate!" And a line of infantry charged towards Sirion. The impact was so great and pierced through many Sirionite soldiers, and wounded the noble Olaf,  who fell victim to the charge of the Padisah Akinci. But the numbers of Sirion were great, far greater than the impact of our charge. And already in the first round, Leandros was wounded by the Beauty in Rage, lead by Salma. But retreat was not an option. He continued to fight courageously. Surviving the initial impact of Sirion's cavalry. But it was a lost battle. And in the third round, the overwhelming force of Sirion became his death.

----------------------

It says I am dying, and I can not read all my letters. According to my healers, I still have a small chance to survive, but I can also already bury my character. Weird  ???
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Zakilevo

« Reply #21: April 05, 2011, 10:59:22 AM »
Well I did not expect infantry units to kill the sultan of SoA. Usually cavalries kill nobles but well he just got unlucky I guess lol.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 05, 2011, 11:24:21 AM »
The latest war story: "the death of the Sultan"
We were sitting in Krimml, waiting. Sirion was rampaging in Braga, next Greatbridge. It fainted a movement to Oligarch? Why? They would have won in the city and could looted it for a full day. Nevertheless, the urge to return home and cash bonds increased, but Sirion was still in Greatbridge. Our scouts reported that Sirion was moving out to Braga. So we had a chance to hit some stranglers and prevent that Sirion could attack Krimml with what forces it had left, but there was always the possibility that they would remain where they are. The Padisah Akinci VII, Sultan Leandros' personal guard, together with his Asanian comrades marched with valour towards Greatbridge. And with his sword held high, he faced the Sirionite army. The odds, 3 to 1, but Leandros was without fear. He aimed his sword towards his elven foes, and yelled: "Attack! For the glory of the Sultanate!" And a line of infantry charged towards Sirion. The impact was so great and pierced through many Sirionite soldiers, and wounded the noble Olaf,  who fell victim to the charge of the Padisah Akinci. But the numbers of Sirion were great, far greater than the impact of our charge. And already in the first round, Leandros was wounded by the Beauty in Rage, lead by Salma. But retreat was not an option. He continued to fight courageously. Surviving the initial impact of Sirion's cavalry. But it was a lost battle. And in the third round, the overwhelming force of Sirion became his death.

----------------------

It says I am dying, and I can not read all my letters. According to my healers, I still have a small chance to survive, but I can also already bury my character. Weird  ???

I was wondering what happened there. Thought there has been some misunderstanding with Westmoor at first, cause it was the closest thing to a suicide I've ever seen.

Poor leandros, he escaped death once was not lucky enough to escape it again :(

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 05, 2011, 12:26:04 PM »
To quote "It is magnificent, but it is not war; it is madness."
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #24: April 05, 2011, 01:13:08 PM »
I was wondering what happened there. Thought there has been some misunderstanding with Westmoor at first, cause it was the closest thing to a suicide I've ever seen.

Poor leandros, he escaped death once was not lucky enough to escape it again :(
Leandros rather died against Meristenzio. But yes, it was a huge risk we took, and it became fatal. Hoped more of you moved to Braga.
But had to move out, no gold left for payments. And soon some of us were going to loose their units. Rather charged them into your ranks than have them abandoned. It is a shame it became my death. The second hero I lost against Sirion.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: April 05, 2011, 02:00:36 PM »
Leandros rather died against Meristenzio. But yes, it was a huge risk we took, and it became fatal. Hoped more of you moved to Braga.
But had to move out, no gold left for payments. And soon some of us were going to loose their units. Rather charged them into your ranks than have them abandoned. It is a shame it became my death. The second hero I lost against Sirion.

This time you have the name of the killer though, so you can at least avoid going around challenging random people to death with the eventual next in the line :P

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: April 05, 2011, 02:10:16 PM »
What were the numbers on either side? My messages said Sirion were the outnumbered ones.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: April 05, 2011, 02:21:48 PM »
What were the numbers on either side? My messages said Sirion were the outnumbered ones.

Total:
10 attackers (259 Inf, 119 Arch, 19 Cav, 758 other)
28 defenders (584 Inf, 159 Arch, 147 Cav, 55 SF)
Total combat strengths: 5798 vs. 13397

Peasants built up attackers numbers.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: April 05, 2011, 03:22:13 PM »
Ah, fair enough.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #29: April 05, 2011, 06:00:03 PM »
This time you have the name of the killer though, so you can at least avoid going around challenging random people to death with the eventual next in the line :P
Enough revenge.. But last time, when Randolf was killed, I analysed the battle report. Lucky for me, he died in the last round or so. And Meristenzio was among a few others still on the battlefield. So I had a few names, of which one was a woman. The great hero Randolf could not have been killed by a woman, so that left me with like 3 male suspects.

But enough heroes have died in the Sultanate. I have been Duke of both cities and served every position (besides Banker). It is time to move on. A shame though, that the reign of Galvez was so short.  :'(  And I think I will start my next char in DoA, they could use some extra hand I believe.