Author Topic: Option to Reply All to group messages.  (Read 2997 times)

Blint

• Knight
    • View Profile
Option to Reply All to group messages.
« Topic Start: February 17, 2017, 07:12:00 PM »
Sorry if this topic already exists, I am rather new (or returning from a long hiatus prior to which I was very new) to the forums, and couldn't find this.

I would love an option to be able to reply all to messages that have multiple characters in them. I ran into this issue the other day. I received a message from someone and the message was to myself and three other players. To reply all I had to start a brand new message and include those other three in my response, a reply all option would save time and be more convenient I think.
A good chess player plays 3 moves ahead, A great chess player plays 1 move ahead, but it's always the right move.

Attano

• Noble Lord
  • Diplomacy! Violence! Pasta!
    • View Profile
Re: Option to Reply All to group messages.
« Reply #1: February 18, 2017, 01:26:16 AM »
I'm pretty sure there is an option for that. Forgot what it's called though.
Once the Daleborn family, now the Attano family.

Blint

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 18, 2017, 02:11:16 AM »
None that I can find, You can reply to the sender but that doesn't include the others on the message..
A good chess player plays 3 moves ahead, A great chess player plays 1 move ahead, but it's always the right move.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 18, 2017, 02:38:08 PM »
This has been a request for a long time, not sure it's anywhere on here, though.

At the moment, Delvin is doing a complete overhaul of the messaging system. We should check with him if this (very much needed) feature is included in the new system.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 19, 2017, 04:33:19 PM »
I was a heavy supporter of this back in the days, but I remember that we were told something along the lines of "it's not gonna happen, because it would make it even easier than it is today to run stuff between few players, rather than sharing it with many others. If you want this feature, just get all the people you regularly talk to in the same guild or secret society and you're gold".
D'Espana Family

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 20, 2017, 01:15:31 AM »
Yea, I think that was a large part of it. But I suspect that was more of an issue back then.

I think there was also a "not all recipients may have been able to contact each other otherwise" issue, but that's also more moot with the fact we can all send each other contact info now.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shray

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 21, 2017, 06:47:48 AM »
I was a heavy support of Leanbean back in the days, but I remember that we were told something along the lines of "it's not gonna happen, because it would make it even easier than it is today to run stuff between few players, rather than sharing it with many others. If you want this feature, just get all the people you regularly talk to in the same guild or secret society and you're gold".

Plus one for replaying group messages. I think it would be quite helpful.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 12:07:28 PM by Shray »