Author Topic: Realpolitiks  (Read 5492 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Realpolitiks
« Topic Start: February 20, 2017, 11:51:37 PM »
Anyone pick up this game yet? I saw one of my favorite YT channels do a playthrough of the demo, and it looked so fun I got the full game yesterday.

Starting a grand campaign with Belgium in 2020, by 2050 I've turned the country into the financial capital of the world with a fully green economy and hypermodern infrastructure. I also have claim on the Moon, somehow. Next I'm thinking of slowly turning the country into a totalitarian regime, expanding and modernizing my military and maybe doing some aggressive expansion onto France, payback for them trying to tank my stock market several times.

Meanwhile China has been at war for two decades, using nuclear weapons against Russia, India, Korea (which was unified in the 2030s) and Japan. The USA have more or less collapsed, with constant rioting and rebellions. ISIL has taken over most of the Middle East. Brazil, Mexico and Indonesia have become superpowers in their own right.

This game plays like a very simplified version of Europa Universalis, if I had to compare it to anything. I can highly recommend it to people who enjoy such games.