Author Topic: Under Debate: Statistics on nobles and density  (Read 3202 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Statistics on nobles and density
« Topic Start: May 22, 2017, 01:47:49 AM »
This is where I'll be the voice of dissension.  I like to see what every realm's stats were at the same time.  This gives me an ideal of how the realm I am part of compares with them then, not now.  After all, maybe my realm has boosted up or theirs have fallen to disrepair.  I want to compare numbers from the same time.  I think this was the original reasoning why everything is synced.  Desyncing this data will not give any advantage.  I'm not against seeing a spot somewhere other than stats that sums up what we can already do, but it's not something that I would personally use either.  After all, the army pages are used for what I need in figuring out what CS I have going where.

What would the desync be? You'd still have all the data from all the realms up to the current cut-off. Then, you'd see only a single line continue up to the current date. To compare with other realms, you'd look at the areas where all lines are present, just as you would now. To simply evaluate your own realm's activity, you'd be able to add the most recent data on top of that.

It's not like it would remove your own realm's historical data to replace it with only recent data. All presently possible comparisons would be exactly the same.

I don't really understand your argument. "I dissent because I would rather have less data on my realm than more of it"? If you wouldn't want to use it, you wouldn't have to. But I'd like to be able to see recent spikes and drops to figure "ok, 4 days ago we had that battle and lost about X CS, but then recovered about Y CS, the partial repair of 7 days ago had brought us back to Z CS less than our previous max, so there's still a potential to increase, etc. etc.. The stats allows to deduce a lot of info without having to crunch a bunch of numbers for specifics.

Or "ok we just took a new rural, what's our food supply like now? Should I take the next door rural, or are we good and should I go for the next door mountain instead?" Etc.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron