Author Topic: Did the site go dead this morning for anyone else?  (Read 2540 times)

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
I couldn't load BM for the last three hours, and Down For Everyone Or Just Me said it was a real outage. Anybody know what went down?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
The web server process stopped responding for a while. Tom restarted the process, and now it's working again.

So yes, it was down for everyone, and no, we don't know why.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
For sure - thanks for letting us know!

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Is it just me, or has BM been really flaky these past few weeks? It went down again Saturday night (US time).
------
qui audet vincit

daviceroy

• Knight
    • View Profile
Is it just me, or has BM been really flaky these past few weeks? It went down again Saturday night (US time).

It's not just you.  Been a rash of flakiness with the server recently.  Hopefully, Tom can fix it.  We hate missing out on our BM ;)

With this said, if you can't access Battlemaster, go to IRC to irc.quakenet.org and go to the channel #battlemaster.  You can probably found out information about if it's down or it's just you.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
It's not just you.  Been a rash of flakiness with the server recently.  Hopefully, Tom can fix it.  We hate missing out on our BM ;)

With this said, if you can't access Battlemaster, go to IRC to irc.quakenet.org and go to the channel #battlemaster.  You can probably found out information about if it's down or it's just you.

Try webchat.quakenet.org if you don't have an IRC client  ;)
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Yea, lasted a while. Not the first time it happened, either. Spooky stuff.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
Anybody know if Tom has ever considered switching to AWS? I'm afraid if these keep up, it might start to affect the playerbase (if it hasn't already).

I would be more than happy to help pitch in to cover AWS costs - although obviously the migration would be a lot of work too, which is a whole additional thing (and one I am not qualified to help with, sadly)