Author Topic: Tops and Flops  (Read 24203 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Tops and Flops
« Reply #60: April 13, 2011, 08:25:23 AM »
Show me an infantry unit that has 95/95 equipment like my SF do, and I'll concede that point. Until that can be done, I beg to differ.

Smaller units are vastly more efficient than larger units. Thus, a medium size SF force of 40 men can easily rival a 100+ man infantry force. SF also cost less to sustain them over time than an infantry unit. They are very valuable indeed.

Now, if only I had some range 5 SF....that would be sick. (yes I know they exist)

They do exist, but they can be rather hit and miss, since they seem to rely on the MI code. Arcaea has a 90/90 infantry RC, it would be interesting to put them up against that SF.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: April 13, 2011, 08:29:42 AM »
They do exist, but they can be rather hit and miss, since they seem to rely on the MI code. Arcaea has a 90/90 infantry RC, it would be interesting to put them up against that SF.

That is a very fine infantry unit. Unfortunately they will never face each other, as this one is on Atamara. A lot would depend on the training but I think infantry of that caliber are certainly to be valued highly. They would certainly be easier to recruit as well i imagine as they don't have the drawback of being an SF center and thus a lower recruitment rate.

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: July 09, 2011, 11:53:20 PM »
TOPS:
+How the game let's human behavior have the center stage, thus mirrors the real world in a really exciting way.
+ Never ends and therefore creates these elaborate long histories entirely created by players.
+ The easy to learn but lifetime to master aspect which keep the players hooked for years and years.

FLOPS
- Too little backstabbing, betrayal, chaos, rebellion, secession etc on most continents.
- Characters lose their positions way too rarely (which leads to too little turnover among everything from lordships to council positions.)
- The code is too hostile to really small realms (and secessions almost always die quickly unless it was done with the support of the mother realm)
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Keithson

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: July 10, 2011, 05:57:09 AM »
This thread is probably dead, but figured I'd add to it anyway. I'm a rebel!

Tops:
- Game is open ended, unbeatable and still has plenty of goals and fun
- Constant support by the Dev team, who are actually pretty damn good at what they do. They're not just volunteers, but actual honest to god experts who know what they're doing
- Following along with #2, Tom being willing to trust the Dev team/older players and step back more into the developing realm

Flops:
- After the War Islands didn't develop into the "expected outcome", war, overall, went down in quantity and quality.
- The Economy system is very important... but also full of numbers and other non-easy things to learn/play. The rewards for figuring out the system aren't in line with the effort required to learn the system. The small(er) number of players who do learn or try to learn the system eventually get fed up and abandon it, to the determent of the whole realm.
- The squeaky wheel gets the grease... except the whole Estates thing. It honestly is a good idea, but the pace of the game started to fall apart when there were more features then players to support them. Yeah, it's a cool project, but once it became clear that the player base was contracting someone should have rewound the clock by 6 months to see what BattleMaster had gone away from