Author Topic: Multiple Characters  (Read 9327 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Characters
« Topic Start: April 25, 2017, 02:12:45 AM »
What is Westgard doing different than Madina? Well, how about keeping a few dozen people active, and continuously attracting nobles from other realms, Madina among others, who tell us of how bad things are over there?

And yea, I quit the game when I was in D'Hara. Because D'Hara is part of the South, and at this point has been doing the same kind of thing Madina and Fissoa has for ages. Not as long as you have, but still very long. D'Hara can at least claim to have done things of its own a few times in its history, unlike Madina and Fissoa, but even those things were done by people who have long left D'Hara, and none who are there now ever did anything worthwhile. Same for Luria, it gets credit for having, at least once upon a time, done meaningful stuff. I don't know enough about Lurian internal politics nowadays to know if the "south of this realms suck" line should be drawn above or below Luria, but it's around there for sure.

Westfold, Swordfell, Morek, and HD have all been involved in various wars. Astrum got somewhat involved in them. Astrum, Morek, Arnor, and Avernus are active in the West. Every realm north of Luria DOES THINGS. Things that not only resonate within their borders, but beyond them as well.

I do not, have never, and will never like realms that don't *do* anything. BM has no room for isolationism. The only realm I've seen pulling off a *fun* isolationism is Melhed, ages ago, under consul Aldo. But that was... intense, to say the least. And completely atypical. And no realm that tried to go isolationist has ever come even remotely close to what was done there.

The monster presence on Dwilight is fine. If there's "too much" of them, it's because there are "too many" regions held by realms that do absolutely nothing with them, and thus simply sap from global density without bringing anything to the continental experience in return.

You'd just need to remove one realm from Dwilight and none of the remaining western realms would have to really concern themselves with the hordes. Any southern realm that wants a break from the monster just needs to do just this: get off your asses, get yourself some allies, and go gank a realm. You'll finally get to boast about doing something, and you'll reduce the monster spawns.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron