Author Topic: Sacred Obia'Syela  (Read 163497 times)

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
Re: Sacred Obia'Syela
« Reply #15: May 01, 2017, 08:24:50 PM »
Now then, I don't suppose either of you dabble in theology? The Heralds of Obeah can use some work and any ideas or experience is welcome!

Here are some ideas I have for
Realm titles:
Ruler = Archon
General = Ecclesiarch
Judge = Inquisitor
Banker = Chancellor

(I may or may not be playing Dawn of War atm so...)

Religion Titles
Founder = First Herald
High Priest = Cardinal
Priest = Chaplain
Noble (Full Rank) = Herald
Noble Follower (non-full member_ = Scholar
Follower (adventurer rank)= Adept

Ecclesiarch is weird imo, but the rest sounds nice. There was this special title for the dude (or dudess, I guess) who leads a crusade, it would fit perfectly. I can't recall it right now though.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #16: May 01, 2017, 09:09:25 PM »
I'm really tempted to switch the secular ranks to Eldar hierarchy, just because I want to use the term farseer, lol

but yeah you are right, I'll loose eccisiarch in favor of something else
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: May 04, 2017, 10:29:12 AM »
Good luck.

I hope to see something interesting up there.

Nothoi spent a lot of time and treasure taking Keffa from Old Grehk back before this Invasion started.  It's not a very rich city unfortunately.

But if you are able to secure good relations with nearby realms, you might do well.

Now if we could just figure out how to rebuild the Daishi temple the Daimons burned down..  ;)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #18: May 04, 2017, 05:26:34 PM »
The religion game is new to me. Can you have two temples to different religions in the same region?

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: May 04, 2017, 06:04:54 PM »
The religion game is new to me. Can you have two temples to different religions in the same region?

Yes, but you cant build two temples of the same religion in the same region.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #20: May 04, 2017, 11:25:38 PM »
But if you are able to secure good relations with nearby realms, you might do well.

Easier said than done. Rania's neighbors do not seem inclined to trust her very much. Imagine that.

Nothing worthwhile is ever easy. Looks like I have my work cut out for me!

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: May 08, 2017, 08:12:41 AM »
You can have many temples in a region.  One to as many religions as you wish.

Of course, only the region lord can build a temple, anyone can loot them, a region lord can close the, and other fun stuff.

And the region lord must be a member of the religion in question before he or she can build a temple to that region.

Let us say that very few regions have more than one temple, and fewer still have more than two temples.  I cannot in fact think of one that does.

;)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: May 08, 2017, 09:12:54 AM »
You can have many temples in a region.  One to as many religions as you wish.

Of course, only the region lord can build a temple, anyone can loot them, a region lord can close the, and other fun stuff.

And the region lord must be a member of the religion in question before he or she can build a temple to that region.

Let us say that very few regions have more than one temple, and fewer still have more than two temples.  I cannot in fact think of one that does.

;)

I think 3 of our regions in Thalmarkin have 2 temples. Golden Feather, Daishi are active in the realm and then we have that damn 'The Portal' religion who had been building temples everywhere they went  ???
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #23: May 08, 2017, 06:18:52 PM »
I think 3 of our regions in Thalmarkin have 2 temples. Golden Feather, Daishi are active in the realm and then we have that damn 'The Portal' religion who had been building temples everywhere they went  ???

Do temples auto-generate followers? I know the Daimon Lords are priests, but nothing short of mind control seems able to explain how wide-spread the Portal is. It will be a long, difficult task to uproot it.

Additional question, is it worthwile for a priest to study oratory at the academy? how does that really affect preaching?

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: May 08, 2017, 07:03:00 PM »
somebody hasn't seen this page yet ::):

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Priest_Game

Temples and shrines generate followers
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: May 08, 2017, 07:34:47 PM »
Additional question, is it worthwile for a priest to study oratory at the academy? how does that really affect preaching?

I don't know about priests, but I can totally speak for diplomats and ambassadors in the middle 2013 period. I got one to almost top skill in a year and a half of praising and badmouthing pretty frequently, never using academy save for checking my skills every now and then.

I would say it is only worth to use the academy if you have absurd amounts of gold at your disposal. Otherwise, just practice (in your realm when possible, as I seem to recall that it was free if you were between your frontiers) and let it grow naturally.

And it is just incredible how much can do a single Ambassador with top skill. In two sessions of 12 hours I could pretty much make an opinion of any given realm from hate to love or the other way around. It felt pretty badass to use Ghaundan's jedi mind tricks like that  ;D
D'Espana Family

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #26: May 08, 2017, 09:18:21 PM »
somebody hasn't seen this page yet ::) :

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Priest_Game

Temples and shrines generate followers

I shall study!

It felt pretty badass to use Ghaundan's jedi mind tricks like that ;D

I miss Ghaundan :-[ :-X :-\ :'(

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: May 08, 2017, 10:15:07 PM »

Do temples auto-generate followers? I know the Daimon Lords are priests, but nothing short of mind control seems able to explain how wide-spread the Portal is. It will be a long, difficult task to uproot it.

I believe Vita knows quite a lot about this but I shall try to give highlights. Surely read that wiki page, for if that is still up to date.

I believe Temples in a region retain current followers (you need a temple to keep your followers) and get new followers from within the region.
Shrines attract followers from neighbouring regions. I believe it's something like that. There's a whole strategy in placing these temples/shrines just right so you don't waste unnecessary gold  ;D But don't ask me, because I never really got into it.

And obviously, the higher your oratory, the more followers you can reach and convert. I think it's easier to just preach, which will gain you skill as well.

*Awaits Vita to enter*
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #28: May 08, 2017, 10:35:54 PM »
*Awaits Vita to enter*

As promised I have been studying. Pretty excited about building one of the mega temples. I am hoping the peasants it can support (80k) is not a requirement for building it right? I've never lorded over a city that big!

And I just checked for the option to build a shrine in addition to the temple that is already present, no love. Where would I find that option?

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: May 09, 2017, 04:35:52 AM »
I miss Ghaundan :-[ :-X :-\ :'(

So do I miss Rynn  :'(

And I thought shrines just forced some of your converts to travel to the neighbouring regions, so that your religion spread even without preaching or a temple there?

I am almost 100% positive that you can have bigger temples than the current population of the region. I seem to recall a couple instances of devastated regions with their temples still on them.
D'Espana Family