Author Topic: Sacred Obia'Syela  (Read 168332 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Sacred Obia'Syela
« Reply #165: November 10, 2017, 05:49:56 PM »
If G2 keeps trying for so much so quickly, He'll find that he'll likely bite off more than he can chew  ;)

But yes, there was a military restructure in the realm that some players took personal exception to. The decision was made entirely IG at the highest levels. Rania, as a character, believes in Order through Hierarchy. In governance, if she has a problem or a question, she relies on her closest advisors - those higher up the foodchain - to field them rather than cluttering realm discussion more than she already does. In this case, the Grand Templar, whom she's given total jurisdiction over the military, has been asking for an army merger for almost a month now and Rania, after G2 became a priest and eligible for the Grand Inquisitor slot, ran out of excuses as the GT made increasingly better arguments (which I think we all acknowledge by this point).

I will go on to say that Rania keeps a sort of achievements mental ledger of everyone in the realm, so when she endorsed the recommendation for Boltgan to be Marshal over Solomon, it was because Boltgan was the senior officer in every way. Of course, I recognize how Rania's endorsement, and indeed the army mergy in general, could b seen as her favoring the Templars over Inquisitors (and I should probably start roleplaying favor towards one group or the other now) but the decisions were logic driven with a mind to realm cohesiveness. As a player, i hoped that promoting G2 to Grand Inquisitor prior to the army merger would have been seen as more tit-for-tat, to say nothing of her asking Vahanian Blint to step down as Marshal.

Rania is not a tyrannical ruler like Selenia was, nor is her control as unquestioned as Rynn's was. With every decision Rania makes, there were likely 2 to 3 comprises she had to make just to keep things balanced between the Templars, Heralds, and the Inquisition. I'm having fun with this balancing act, but it takes a lot.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"