Author Topic: Sacred Obia'Syela  (Read 168354 times)

House Drake

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Sacred Obia'Syela
« Reply #165: November 10, 2017, 07:53:45 PM »
I understood that the change was coming. It was inevitable, since it doesn't make sense for a small realm that just got its feet under it to have two armies. xD *cough*COMPENSATING*cough*
It was just that it happened so abruptly. There was no discussion or at least forewarning, so I was taken aback.

Boltgan is definitely more experienced in command than me, or at the very least he's more knowledgeable, and so I was actually (don't hate me for saying this, G2!) relieved that I was not promoted to Marshal. But I pushed for split-command duties because of two reasons, one being the in-game atmosphere. The rivalry. What kind of man would Solomon be if he just accepted a place under the armpit of a Templar?! xD

Solomon also deserved a chance to help command because he earned it. He worked his buns off.

And it worked out well! ^_^ Boltgan was totally cool about it (wish I knew the player's name), and split the duties with me so that he commands the day turns and I command the night turns. This also gives me a great opportunity to learn and sharpen my skills. Like I said, I'm definitely not on the same playing field as him yet, but this gives me the chance to get there.

Lastly, I work two jobs in real life and am a full-time college student with a 4.0 GPA that I'm constantly battling to maintain, so I don't have a ton of free time, but the little bit of free time I get I spend on Battlemaster. If I don't have time, I make time, because Obia'Syela (not to get all mushy here) is probably one of the funnest, realest gaming atmospheres I've found in a long time. It is genuinely important to me. I spend more time on Solomon than I do any of my other characters, even though I've had them longer.
Walk the woods like a predator; speak to savages as if you were one of them.