Author Topic: Sacred Obia'Syela  (Read 164918 times)

House Drake

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Sacred Obia'Syela
« Reply #255: December 19, 2017, 09:45:12 PM »
Best of luck to you and your fiancé! Hope all goes well!

Thank you! We feel pretty hopeful and confident right now. We'll know more soon. (We're mostly glad that they didn't tell us they found nothing, which would leave us right back at square one.)

!@#$ty. My sister just passed away 3 weeks ago due to brain cancer. Hopefully it's not that.

Oh god, I am so sorry. D:> You have my condolences! But no, luckily the radiologist says that he has something called a something-something-something vascular loop (?). It's not dangerous I don't think, except in the capacity that it's caused him to have tinnitus, which makes him want to kill himself. My mom had coil-and-stent surgery for a brain aneurysm when I was 16 and she was in and out in like four hours, so hopefully his surgery will be equally smooth.

This experience has been really scary and eye-opening though. That's one reason I'm writing Solomon as being mentally unstable (maybe Schizophrenic?). Originally I was just going to write him as a sociopath, but I've come to realize that there's plenty of more common, realistic scenarios that would be even scarier to deal with in medieval times, where no one can really tell you what's wrong with you.
Walk the woods like a predator; speak to savages as if you were one of them.