Author Topic: Sacred Obia'Syela  (Read 164653 times)

Attano

• Noble Lord
  • Diplomacy! Violence! Pasta!
    • View Profile
Re: Sacred Obia'Syela
« Reply #360: May 13, 2018, 09:52:43 AM »
I am not the best guide as I think myself the layman in 40k but basically it was a pen'n'paper RPG setting (originally just warhammer without 40k) of futuristic, very grandiose sci-fi that over time turned into entire franchise with video games, books, animation movies etc.

Basically in this setting there is God Emperor sort of that rules everything and has lots of orders. Basically the social structure, to put in in coder's language boils down to:

if problem - apply terror
if solved - good
if not - apply more terror
rinse and repeat

Inquisition is the top branch of the tree. When they find signs of heresy they don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, they throw the entire kindergarten out with the bathwater.

I believe it translated well into Obia'Syela, since early Inquisition in OS was the one time I had the inexplicably awesome opportunity to enjoyably balance on the edge between being rewarded and being executed.
That’s a rough idea. God-Emperor’s been dead for 10k years. His soul is lighting the space lighthouse, human FTL travel is through hell.

The plan settled is only done by Inquisitors. Local governments are usually more lenient, agri-world governors are very lenient, hive-world governors tend to be more harsh because gangs.

It started out as the RPG Rogue Trader, a few editions later it turned to the 40k tabletop war game.

It did translate very well to OS, due to the actions of Spearhold and co.
Once the Daleborn family, now the Attano family.