Author Topic: Sacred Obia'Syela  (Read 169860 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Sacred Obia'Syela
« Reply #390: August 28, 2018, 05:52:46 PM »
Jev's SOS (secular) Roadmap:
  • Make more highly-lucrative estates to attract new knights
  • Take Grehk and found a new duchy, ensure that it gets at least 8 nobles nobles from SOS.
  • Take Irombro and found a new duchy, ensure that it gets at least 7 nobles from SOS
  • Reorganize the Duchy of Obeah (Athol Margos) so that the Duchy of Amen Keffa becomes a city state limited to Rines.
  • Organize the Secession of the Duchies of Grehk and Irombro to form new satellite Obian realms on the proviso that all three sign the Trifecta and agree to its Articles
  • Continue utilizing the super-estates to funnel more new Knights into Rines and proliferate them throughout the Veiled lands
  • Organize the Trifecta to conquer Elymon and found a new duchy that will eventually become a small kingdom as well
  • If possible, repeat on/in Jidington with or without the aid of the Shattered Vales
Suffices to say this won't happen over night, but ideally we'll be able to accomplish most or all of these goals prior to the next invasion, thereby giving SOS and the Heralds faith the best possible chance of surviving the next invasion. According to my best estimates, I'll need at least 40, more likely closer to 50 noble families working together throughout this Obian Hegemony to make it happen. By this point, I hope that the actual Heralds of Obeah church channel will be the most utilized public forum in southern Beluaterra, much like my first experience with religion in this game, SA, was between the realms of Dwilight with the added benefit of being an ideal tool for multinational military coordination. Four realms located next to one another, supporting one another, feeding each other's cities, and combining their armies to fight beneath one centralized command, augmented by a core of dedicated magic-users, the Heralds themselves, who will inhibit daimon lords and spread the spell-arsenal of the sacred lands so as not to invite magical stockpiling accidents.

Jev's HoO (religious) Roadmap
  • Max the temple in Rines
  • Organize adventurers to start mapping the movements Sages & Mystics and southern beluaterra
  • Raise and acknowledge new religious leaders (Cardinals? Bishops? Ecclesiarchs? Prelate?) to help the Oracle run the faith like Dukes help their kings run their realms. Preferably 1 for each realm that has faithful in it. This may possibly be the new incarnation of the "Grand Herald" title.
  • Encourage the shift to make the Heralds of Obeah into the primary communication channel for everyone in Southern Beluaterra
  • Grow the faithful population in friendly or allied realms
  • Organize tournaments for the Templars and Inquisition and visitors in order to maintain friendly competition between the two factions AND encourage converts.
  • Have the Inquisition monitor converts from other realms until they are confident that their professed faith is genuine
  • Leverage the united Obian military to provide military aid to foreign friends and nations in exchange for favors or concessions
  • Max the temple in Ete City
I am less experienced at religion-building then I am at empire building so it's taken somewhat of a backseat to the latter in my mind. I always envisioned the Heralds as a multi-realm faith and since that has not strongly happened yet, The Heralds chat has not been very utilized. part of my overall goal, both secular and religion-wise, is to change that so the Heralds do become the primary way that players engage one another between realms. I'll come up with new sermons and scriptures as the muse hits me or as events unfold, and the more people who have access to it, the more likely others will want to do the same, thus increasing content for the faith in addition to realizing my other aforementioned goals.

Presently, I hope to have this accomplished by 2020. I think its unlikely that we'll complete even only the secular goals before the end of December. I doubt we could establish a polity in Jidington, or even Elymon, until Q1 2019 at the earliest. Which means that by the time I anticipate all of this being reached in 2020, this plan will have been in development for over 5 years IRL.

I appreciate everyone who's been a part of the journey thus far, and I am sorry to those I've let down along the way. The ongoing love and support this realm has received has been truly encouraging and I'm glad y'all are with me trying to make all this happen. Anyway, this has been a roadmap update. If you didn't know what I had in mind, well, now you do.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"