Author Topic: Sacred Obia'Syela  (Read 164774 times)

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
Re: Sacred Obia'Syela
« Reply #45: May 24, 2017, 08:40:43 PM »
I don't think so...
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Attano

• Noble Lord
  • Diplomacy! Violence! Pasta!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: June 26, 2017, 02:02:50 PM »
Sooo...

They just lost their capital.
Once the Daleborn family, now the Attano family.

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: June 26, 2017, 03:22:14 PM »
Obia'Syela? More like "Ohbye'Seeya!'  ;D

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: June 26, 2017, 03:57:24 PM »

Haha damn good one.

Did Netherworld take it over? I'm wounded so can't check  :-\
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #49: June 26, 2017, 09:37:41 PM »
Nope. Rebellion. Spearhold now has a fresh new city...although greatly gnawed upon.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: June 29, 2017, 02:41:16 AM »
Hard to say and spell this realm name. Any idea?
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #51: July 03, 2017, 03:23:35 PM »

Question: The ruler of fronen is trying to give Rania Rines now that Obia has been destroyed:

Realm Destroyed   (21 hours, 10 minutes ago)
message to all nobles of Obia'Syela
Your realm has lost all its regions and has been destroyed. To regain a region and rescue your realm from being forgotten in dusty history books, another ruler must give your ruler a region. Alternatively, a foreign duchy must change allegiance to your ruler or a royal realmmate; of course, that duchy should have regions of its own. Finally, a foreign region lord could change allegiance to one of your duchies. If none of these happen, you must change allegiance to a new realm or you risk being declared a rogue, with the risk of being executed.

However, we get the following message:

Out-of-Character from Bastian Moore   (1 hour, 10 minutes ago)
The realm of Obia'Syela does not border on this region, and you can not give regions away to a faraway realm.

Andrew Moore

Is that a bug?

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: July 04, 2017, 10:29:26 PM »
Not entirely sure, but I think this has to do with the fact that the Moore player is a Ruler in a Republic. He can't give away the city because we have elected a Governor for the city and only they can change the city's allegiance.

As much as I know you want to kick off Obia-Syela in the south, you're gonna have to wait to come to a better agreement with Fronen than just dealing with Bastian. None of us agreed to his new terms to hand over the city. At this rate, he will not longer be Doge in 3 days time so I understand why you're trying to rush things :P
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: July 05, 2017, 02:13:24 AM »
Not a bug afaik. Would be weird for a bug to be exactly what the IG text tells you to be right.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: July 05, 2017, 08:13:47 AM »
As much as I know you want to kick off Obia-Syela in the south, you're gonna have to wait to come to a better agreement with Fronen than just dealing with Bastian. None of us agreed to his new terms to hand over the city. At this rate, he will not longer be Doge in 3 days time so I understand why you're trying to rush things :P

haha, you guys...
Keep electing the wrong ruler.
Bastian also barley communicates with the other rulers and I am quite sure that helping Rania like this won't do Fronen good in terms of foreign relations either.
He never even announced anything, al we got was an in game notification hat Fronen signed an alliance with Obia.

Idle, stuborn players can sometimes really ruin the game. (Bastian isnt THAT bad though)
Atleast you have various ways to get rid of a ruler, to get rid of a Royal duke and Margrave is impossible.
But poor Fronen already had a semi revolution with the last ruler.

I also have one character in Gotland that holds 'the' duke title, margrave of capital and judge but does not communicate anymore for a long time now.
He just click plays BM and ignores all letters, including ooc on purpose, and only responded once saying something like " he didnt need to respond to our nonsense".
We managed to attract allot of new players that roleplay and communicate frequently that want to discover more about the game.
Luckily this guy alone isnt enough to completely ruin a realm, but it is definitely frustrating.

Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: July 05, 2017, 11:35:06 AM »
Considering the so called bug.. I would expect handing over a region to OS would be possible. At the very least, it shouldn't say OS doesn't border Rines because obviously OS has no regions.

I would need to check further into that.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: July 05, 2017, 04:49:22 PM »
No realms should be in Rines or the graveyard of Riombara, all that's going to do is isolate them, and isolated realms only go two ways: They either get wiped out by rogues and daimons(like Riombara), or they're far enough away that no one cares/can do anything feasible and build up and become gold-farmy conflict starters. With the current mixmash of borders and neighbors we're forced to deal with each other, whether it be for good or bad.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: July 05, 2017, 05:05:32 PM »
No realms should be in Rines or the graveyard of Riombara, all that's going to do is isolate them, and isolated realms only go two ways: They either get wiped out by rogues and daimons(like Riombara), or they're far enough away that no one cares/can do anything feasible and build up and become gold-farmy conflict starters. With the current mixmash of borders and neighbors we're forced to deal with each other, whether it be for good or bad.

It's a challenge but not impossible.
A realm in Rines can become a westgard like realm fighting rogues, or it can become a looting realm, with the entire east coast at their disposal.
It can also expand, seceed and fight it's self.

I Think a realm in Rines can definitely impact the entire islands politics if it finds an effective way to loot other realms.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: July 05, 2017, 05:15:29 PM »
Except that we don't have the major natural rogue issues here on BT. Right now all the realms are war weary and have all been significantly impacted in terms of wealth, regions and even nobles. Taking a realm that is for all intents and purposes marked for death, and putting it in a location that is known to have no meaningful interaction with other realms is a cheap way out. At least with Fronen controlling it, although it may serve as an income booster, it's more of a 'colony', while they're still forced to deal with everyone on the mainland and still can face consequences.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #59: July 05, 2017, 07:42:44 PM »

That's interesting as it wasn't Bastian's or Rania's idea in the first place. But Fronen did get Wudenkin out of this, making it really hard to understand why JoeFronen in the street would complain about 'losing' Rines.