Author Topic: Sacred Obia'Syela  (Read 164779 times)

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sacred Obia'Syela
« Reply #75: July 08, 2017, 01:22:55 AM »
A few of us can atest that building a new realm is quite a challenge. Dominorum had a disadvantage that we were building Ete from a population of one single peasant (a half-breed), plus we have a rival next door. Of course there is the rogue attacks too. As stated Rines has 5000 population which is a good start. It will be quite a challenge for you and interesting to watch, although Zraath denied us a settlement there forcing us to move further South  :P
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #76: July 12, 2017, 07:17:21 PM »
Well the capital is moved and things seem to be [hopefully] stabilizing. I've never seen a region in as rough shape as Rines, though.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Attano

• Noble Lord
  • Diplomacy! Violence! Pasta!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: July 13, 2017, 02:13:42 AM »
Huh, that's where Salion died against Aletha.
Once the Daleborn family, now the Attano family.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: July 15, 2017, 03:41:47 PM »
Well the capital is moved and things seem to be [hopefully] stabilizing. I've never seen a region in as rough shape as Rines, though.

I've seen a few region rebuildings from the 1 peasant mark, so believe me when I tell you it can be far worse.
D'Espana Family

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: July 15, 2017, 07:35:05 PM »

This statement surprises me. Are you really sure about that? Because I thought you were around for a number of regions needing to be brought up from 1 pop.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #80: July 16, 2017, 01:11:03 AM »
I have yes, but those were desert regions or other frontier-type spots.  I've never seen a city with such a low percentage of it's population. Rines has just over 4000/64000. Starving. All the infrastructure was gone and not a single turn has passed without being hit by rogues. The militia that Fronen left suck up tax gold. It will be very challenging, slow going

It will certainly be an uphill adventure!

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: July 16, 2017, 02:58:35 AM »
As is Bastian, he was voted out almost immediately and I think the character was deleted? Rania no longer has him in her contacts and now has to deal with a rather ornery replacement in Duchess Nyx.

Bastian is here, wounded, but here. Not as chatty either since not being re-elected. Thanks for the compliment, at least you get Sheja for a bit. We might not need it since we lack food and Sheja doesn't produce jack.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: July 16, 2017, 03:21:45 AM »
I have yes, but those were desert regions or other frontier-type spots.  I've never seen a city with such a low percentage of it's population. Rines has just over 4000/64000. Starving. All the infrastructure was gone and not a single turn has passed without being hit by rogues. The militia that Fronen left suck up tax gold. It will be very challenging, slow going

It will certainly be an uphill adventure!

That's... pretty good!

The number of times D'Haran cities fell to 1 pop is too great to count.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: July 16, 2017, 04:32:42 AM »
D'Haran cities nothing; Rines itself has been very, very badly starving many times. It got a very bad reputation during the earlier invasions.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: July 16, 2017, 04:52:59 AM »
It's not called starving in a city full of priests, the proper term is fasting  ;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 04:55:09 AM by DeVerci »

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: July 16, 2017, 04:33:42 PM »
I remember a certain starving cycle in Port Nebel that left it in a pretty sorry state when I was first made its lord and duke. That was actually little after my arrival to the game, was left wondering if I could had done something to save it from doom.
D'Espana Family

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #86: July 17, 2017, 05:27:22 PM »
It's not called starving in a city full of priests, the proper term is fasting  ;)

+1

lol

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #87: July 17, 2017, 05:33:14 PM »
So as it turns out Sheja was too far to lift food from. I might make a feature request for markets to be able to conduct trade over sea tiles and for a greater distance if the city has a shipyard or something.

Anyway, SOS needs to TO an adjacent region. one has 6k and the other has 4k and i don't remember how many men it takes to TO a region that size. The assign militia function for generals has never worked for me.

I have a few questions:
  • If I have Rania step down from priest and become a warrior again for a bit, will the game revoke her prophet-status for the religion?
  • How is it that Daishi and Portal are able to have thousands of worshippers in a  given region despite not having a temple to maintain them?
  • Can rogue regions be taken over using religious options? If so, does the priest become lord?

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: July 17, 2017, 06:39:43 PM »
1. What do you mean by prophet-status? You won't lose your founder position. But a religion must maintain half of its elders as priests, or all the temples lose one size every day.
2. Religions spread into other regions, especially regions where they are no temples to maintain beliefs.
3. No. As far as I know, the only way to ever take over a rogue region is militarily with an army using traditional takeover methods. There is no buying, religious claiming, or other means to acquire rogue regions.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #89: July 17, 2017, 08:17:54 PM »
Thanks for the insight. i wonder if the Cause Unrest function could be used instead? Can rogue regions even revolt? lol. I've never seen it happen.