Author Topic: Sacred Obia'Syela  (Read 164736 times)

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sacred Obia'Syela
« Reply #105: September 21, 2017, 08:16:22 PM »
I think Gnaeus has been in every realm! In a way I believe Ar Agyr is partly responsible for releasing his fury on Belu since we were the first ones to ban him after he tried to steal one of Riombara's cities.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:19:54 PM by DeVerci »

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: September 21, 2017, 10:25:38 PM »
Gnaeaus was General of Spearhold and later tried to rebel and take the lead after the ruler left.

Anyway, back to the realm matter Obia'Syela, I must say at first I honestly had my doubts, but I joined it on good faith because I didn't have the time to RP my char in Spearhold and it was boring so I paused her and moved my colony char to BT (1 char less to worry about) and for some reason he's become my most active char atm  ::) *

But for real, the realm is awesome, quite a lot of deverse characters already and a lot of roleplays back and forth. And JeVondair, don't worry you'll get more priests in time. I seriously think that once we're established and all it would be cool to have all Lords become priests for a period and start converting and then have most of us alternate between priests and warriors (looting !@#$, come on who doesn't like looting !@#$!), meaning you're not stuck in priest mode always.

Ps, how do you like having a psychopath with an ego in your realm?  ;D

*Might have something to do with Oligarch falling as well...meh
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: September 21, 2017, 10:49:17 PM »
I'm thinking about giving a shot at priest game in Obia'Syela. If it goes well with how stuff unfolds for my character there, then why not. One of the better realms to have a priest at, I assume.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #108: September 21, 2017, 11:58:54 PM »

Ps, how do you like having a psychopath with an ego in your realm?  ;D

Honestly I think we are all enjoying it quite a bit. Goriad II is an interesting character. He respects who he respects and couldn't be bothered for those he doesn't. I love the byplay brewing with Blint: Two lethal characters trading pointed barbs because they know Momma Rania will be upset if one or both of them got hurt. So it's a lot of fun reading you two dance around each other and I am hoping other players join in and take sides Capulet/Montague style.

I'm thinking about giving a shot at priest game in Obia'Syela. If it goes well with how stuff unfolds for my character there, then why not. One of the better realms to have a priest at, I assume.

I have several goals with this realm and whatnot, one of which is simply to grow. When I first started, SA was in full swing and I thought it was fun to watch how religion affected the politics of all Dwilight. I want to push it and see just how far we can go. Can't do it alone though! So, to encourage people to try being priesty, the theocracy's laws forbid anyone not of the faith to hold public office, including lordships and ruling council positions. In fact, with the exception of the General position, all the ruling council seats have the requirement that only priests can hold them.

So here I am, sitting here, waiting to lob titles at people :-) With those responsibilities off my shoulders, it will be a lot easier to flesh out the wiki's and get some regular sermons going. Rania is rapidly becoming my main char as well.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: September 22, 2017, 09:47:57 AM »
Honestly I think we are all enjoying it quite a bit. Goriad II is an interesting character. He respects who he respects and couldn't be bothered for those he doesn't. I love the byplay brewing with Blint: Two lethal characters trading pointed barbs because they know Momma Rania will be upset if one or both of them got hurt. So it's a lot of fun reading you two dance around each other and I am hoping other players join in and take sides Capulet/Montague style.

Yeah I love the Vahanian/Goriad II conflict a lot as well.

Rania is rapidly becoming my main char as well.[/size]

Welcome to the club, !@#$ Xavax and Selenia  ::) 8)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #110: October 05, 2017, 05:52:45 PM »
For anyone that is good with Wiki's a need some help. I've got all the content up there and (relatively) organized, but the tables are giving me trouble and it doesn't feel very streamlined.

I also started a writing contest for the Region description of Rines. i was surprised to find that after all this time there was nothing there! So I found a pic I thought looked about right and hopefully some players will help me out, lol.

Also, We need a LOT more adventurers. The south is rife with hordes. More nobles wouldn't be bad either. lordships for everyone! Carve out your own destiny, define a new legacy, submit to the mysticism of Obeah!

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: October 05, 2017, 11:46:58 PM »
Psst! More advertising JV.

*cough, cough*

Riches beyond imagination, constant strife! Internal and external conflicts! Internal and external bleeding! Mystical cult or evil cult? Or mystical evil cult even? (try reading the last one out loud, and swiflty)

Smear the peanut butter of your imagination on the receptive bread of our small but bustling community and make the ultimate story-sandwich! Make a cocktail party and serve your story-sandwich to your friends. I'm lost in my metaphores. I've been so for quite a while.

There. ;)

I'll try to make time and look at those tables but no promises.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #112: October 06, 2017, 01:02:57 AM »
Psst! More advertising JV.

Obia'Syela, Beluaterra: "Come Get Swifty"

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: October 07, 2017, 04:20:39 PM »
I should have join this realm. Look like fun times here :)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: October 13, 2017, 01:03:04 AM »
Can I sign up for a tour?

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #115: October 13, 2017, 03:13:41 PM »
Why sure you can!

The Templar's and the Inquisition were jut arguing over who gets to roll out the red carpet for royal guests...

But seriously, we are developing a rivalry between the Templars and the Inquisition and with players like Gabanus and Blint running the show, it should be great.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #116: October 13, 2017, 05:41:28 PM »
Ok, so there has been an ongoing OOC discussion in the realm as to whether and how we should differentiate between our two armies, Templars and Inquisitors..

As it stands presently, Any ordained knight of Obia'Syela is automatically accorded the honorific of Templar, however it is also extended to all knights who share the Heralds of Obeah faith. The Templars, lead by the Grand Templar [General] are collectively responsible for the defense of the realm and the expansion of its borders.

The Inquisition, on the other hand, is less defined. Originally, I had Rania found the Inquisition guild in Keffa with the idea of it becoming an international organization ruled by the islands judges [Lord Inquisitor's] to organize against the Netherworld. In Obia'Syela, however, the Inquisition has taken on a new flavor. Under the direction of Inquisitor Goriad II Gabanus, a private Inquistorial army was founded with the goal of raiding the roguelands in the south and 'punishing' the non believers beyond our borders. Since then, the conversation has refined itself. Yesterday, i and others suggested the following:

Random thought, but what if Inquisitors were characters he specialized in swordskill?!

Think about it, it would make sense:
  • It delivers a fundamental difference between Templars and Inquisitors bc 2 diff fighting types
  • Inquisitors kill heretics right? Random chance wont do. Duels will.
  • Templars would be focused on the noble cause of defending the realm with armies, whereas inquisitors train all day
  • Gives the Inquisition a reason to be small, elite, and infiltrator-oriented. For the righteous good of all, of course...

Anyhow... I like, nay - love, nay - adore the idea of Templar Cavaliers / Inquisitor Infiltrators. Were we to go the class/army route, it would in no way infringe upon the rules or inalienable rights as players still choose their own class for their own reasons. For example, The Templars would be our large, general, standard army. The Inquisition would basically be smaller and specialized for raiding and shadow work and such. Should a player be an infiltrator, they'll most likely join the Inquisition because that would be oriented to their playstyle, etc.

So if it goes this route, the Inquisition will become a group of players specialized in dueling and/or infiltration. These players, as inquisitorial agents and enforcers (which aren't bad names for official ranks), would seek out whomever the faith deems as heretical and neutralize them. The Inquisition's current hierarchy would change so that infiltrators (agents) and duelists (enforcers) will be just beneath Lord inquisitor's and above regional lords/title holders. They would be a smaller, selective, selective order, cherrypicking the best recruits from the Templars, which would not doubt be a source of friction between the two.

For comparison, you can see many parallels in existing fantasy like the contention between soldiers/warriors and rangers. You know? one works in groups, the other works best alone, etc. One is not necessarily better than the other, they are both different, equal, and highly leatho

House Drake

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: October 13, 2017, 06:09:37 PM »
Solomon Drake, here. I really like the distinction between the two, not just because it gives players something more to strive for, but also grants the opportunity for a unique realm back story!
Walk the woods like a predator; speak to savages as if you were one of them.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #118: October 13, 2017, 06:33:23 PM »
Solomon Drake, here. I really like the distinction between the two, not just because it gives players something more to strive for, but also grants the opportunity for a unique realm back story!

Weclome to the forums, Drake. If you like the idea, then I encourage you to start up a an RP or two. Even better, if you want to help me generate some content for and refine the Wiki, I think we'll need to have Obia'Syela subpages for both forces

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: October 13, 2017, 06:54:46 PM »
I know I spoke against the OOC discussion and that's not because I don't like the rivalry (duh, I started it...), but I'm against forming the culture on an OOC level.

Let's be honest, no 'honorable' knight will join the inquisition and have a good time under Goriad II and the others who joined. At the same time, no "rebel" will do well with Vahanian and the Templars, so the division is growing by itself through IC means.

I'm an advocate of letting the armies grow themselves and develop their culture rather than deciding now what it should be. I mean I can tell you know, Goriad II will just do whatever no matter what we decide here. He's a psychopath lunatic whom you guys granted titles, I mean, trust me the Inquisition is going into quite a different direction than the Templars are and more rivalry will certainly emerge.