Author Topic: Sacred Obia'Syela  (Read 164917 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Sacred Obia'Syela
« Reply #165: November 06, 2017, 06:51:05 PM »
Realm Update:

The Trifecta Treaty has been finalized and proposed
The Heralds of Obeah now sport multiple priests whom I'll have to promote as soon as I get to a temple.
Armies of rogues 10k strong are wandering the southern wilderness, but the Templars will put them down.
A good amount of roleplays are happening.
The First Grand Templar, Glidre, has returned

Literally no one trusts Angmar.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166: November 07, 2017, 12:02:59 AM »
;) Long live the Inquisition!
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #167: November 08, 2017, 08:30:48 PM »
Meanwhile, Rania on the ruler's chanel...

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #168: November 09, 2017, 03:50:15 PM »
;) Long live the Inquisition!

All hail the Grand Inquisitor
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #169: November 09, 2017, 04:56:10 PM »
Is Angmar gone yet?  :o

scary Angmar...  >:(
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #170: November 09, 2017, 07:17:58 PM »
I like that gif more than I should, lol.

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #171: November 09, 2017, 10:34:00 PM »
Lol what's happening now?

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #172: November 09, 2017, 11:46:28 PM »

There is a lot of restructuring going on atm. We've been kind of struggling to find definition that differentiates Templars from Inquisitors while nursing a healthy rivalry. But it feels a lot like riding a mechanical bull and trying not to fall off. Lots of strong personalities with strong opinions.

Meanwhile, in the Ruler's channel, not a thing was broadcasted today, but Rania is pleased where things appear to be going.

There is a critical referendum occurring in Fronen that concerns the fate of Obia'Syela, but Doge Akrogath is a big fan of being terse.

On the plus side the faith is growing. There are more priests and members across more realms than ever before, many of whom have chosen to contribute to the wiki, which I am thrilled with.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #173: November 10, 2017, 12:47:58 AM »

There is a lot of restructuring going on atm. We've been kind of struggling to find definition that differentiates Templars from Inquisitors while nursing a healthy rivalry. But it feels a lot like riding a mechanical bull and trying not to fall off. Lots of strong personalities with strong opinions.

Meanwhile, in the Ruler's channel, not a thing was broadcasted today, but Rania is pleased where things appear to be going.

There is a critical referendum occurring in Fronen that concerns the fate of Obia'Syela, but Doge Akrogath is a big fan of being terse.

On the plus side the faith is growing. There are more priests and members across more realms than ever before, many of whom have chosen to contribute to the wiki, which I am thrilled with.

My mouth has gotten me in trouble before so I keep myself in check, plus Akrogath is a bit more terse than Glaumring is.  ;D
We live lives in beautiful lies...

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #174: November 10, 2017, 01:31:45 PM »
My mouth has gotten me in trouble before so I keep myself in check, plus Akrogath is a bit more terse than Glaumring is.  ;D

I do miss mouthy Glaum. You play Akro like the exact opposite, lol

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175: November 10, 2017, 01:35:28 PM »
Aye, Glaumring's shenanigans will forever hold a place in our hearts.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #176: November 10, 2017, 02:56:58 PM »

Obia'Syela is splitting up more and more and while the endgoal is the same, the schism is real. Goriad II is Judge now, beware!
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #177: November 10, 2017, 05:49:56 PM »
If G2 keeps trying for so much so quickly, He'll find that he'll likely bite off more than he can chew  ;)

But yes, there was a military restructure in the realm that some players took personal exception to. The decision was made entirely IG at the highest levels. Rania, as a character, believes in Order through Hierarchy. In governance, if she has a problem or a question, she relies on her closest advisors - those higher up the foodchain - to field them rather than cluttering realm discussion more than she already does. In this case, the Grand Templar, whom she's given total jurisdiction over the military, has been asking for an army merger for almost a month now and Rania, after G2 became a priest and eligible for the Grand Inquisitor slot, ran out of excuses as the GT made increasingly better arguments (which I think we all acknowledge by this point).

I will go on to say that Rania keeps a sort of achievements mental ledger of everyone in the realm, so when she endorsed the recommendation for Boltgan to be Marshal over Solomon, it was because Boltgan was the senior officer in every way. Of course, I recognize how Rania's endorsement, and indeed the army mergy in general, could b seen as her favoring the Templars over Inquisitors (and I should probably start roleplaying favor towards one group or the other now) but the decisions were logic driven with a mind to realm cohesiveness. As a player, i hoped that promoting G2 to Grand Inquisitor prior to the army merger would have been seen as more tit-for-tat, to say nothing of her asking Vahanian Blint to step down as Marshal.

Rania is not a tyrannical ruler like Selenia was, nor is her control as unquestioned as Rynn's was. With every decision Rania makes, there were likely 2 to 3 comprises she had to make just to keep things balanced between the Templars, Heralds, and the Inquisition. I'm having fun with this balancing act, but it takes a lot.

House Drake

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #178: November 10, 2017, 07:53:45 PM »
I understood that the change was coming. It was inevitable, since it doesn't make sense for a small realm that just got its feet under it to have two armies. xD *cough*COMPENSATING*cough*
It was just that it happened so abruptly. There was no discussion or at least forewarning, so I was taken aback.

Boltgan is definitely more experienced in command than me, or at the very least he's more knowledgeable, and so I was actually (don't hate me for saying this, G2!) relieved that I was not promoted to Marshal. But I pushed for split-command duties because of two reasons, one being the in-game atmosphere. The rivalry. What kind of man would Solomon be if he just accepted a place under the armpit of a Templar?! xD

Solomon also deserved a chance to help command because he earned it. He worked his buns off.

And it worked out well! ^_^ Boltgan was totally cool about it (wish I knew the player's name), and split the duties with me so that he commands the day turns and I command the night turns. This also gives me a great opportunity to learn and sharpen my skills. Like I said, I'm definitely not on the same playing field as him yet, but this gives me the chance to get there.

Lastly, I work two jobs in real life and am a full-time college student with a 4.0 GPA that I'm constantly battling to maintain, so I don't have a ton of free time, but the little bit of free time I get I spend on Battlemaster. If I don't have time, I make time, because Obia'Syela (not to get all mushy here) is probably one of the funnest, realest gaming atmospheres I've found in a long time. It is genuinely important to me. I spend more time on Solomon than I do any of my other characters, even though I've had them longer.
Walk the woods like a predator; speak to savages as if you were one of them.

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179: November 10, 2017, 07:59:35 PM »
*applauds* That's what we like to hear! Gonna have to get in on this one, perhaps. Such fun to be had.

Save me a heretic to skin, will ya?
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)