Author Topic: Sacred Obia'Syela  (Read 164727 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Sacred Obia'Syela
« Reply #210: November 13, 2017, 11:07:11 PM »
You guys still need an additional thug?

We call them 'Templars' or 'Inquisitors' here  ;)  But yes, we do need more. We are also very short on adventurers imho.

As for the treaty, it is coached in the language of a few mutual defense pacts I studied. Naturally, that won't leave much room for signatories to fight each other. Fortunately, this is Beluaterra, and island that is subjected to Daimonic invasions with fair regularity. The treaty is made with that in mind, in addition to other potential threats. That said, I doubt that players in these signatory realms will have very much time to be bored, at least not for long.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Dystopian

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #211: November 14, 2017, 04:35:44 AM »
You'll be hearing of Fronen's concerns shortly, this is a starkly Obian alliance with little thought put into the pressure being put on Fronen by signing it.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #212: November 14, 2017, 11:02:20 PM »
All of you together might be more than I can handle  ;D

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #213: November 15, 2017, 02:24:44 PM »
Josiah really doesnt like obia. He's going to use all his influence to ensure fronen doesnt sign unless it's as obia as a tributary.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #214: November 15, 2017, 05:21:41 PM »
Josiah really doesnt like obia. He's going to use all his influence to ensure fronen doesnt sign unless it's as obia as a tributary.

Aww what's not to like? We're delightful!

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #215: November 15, 2017, 06:21:48 PM »
Who knows. Well i do but you don't!

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216: November 15, 2017, 06:52:41 PM »
Heh. The irony. Just started playing "Inquisitor", an awesome old-school RPG from the late-2000s. Totally reminds me of Belluaterra and Obia'Syela, Templar-Inquisitor feud and all. Glorious stuff, and good inspiration. :) I wouldn't be surprised if it, or something of the sort, inspired someone else here.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #217: November 15, 2017, 08:21:10 PM »
Never heard of it tbh, what's it about?

And my last RP, acceptable or over the line?
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218: November 15, 2017, 09:11:35 PM »
Entirely acceptable in my opinion.

EDIT:

As in - you are miles away from crossing the line.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #219: November 16, 2017, 04:04:47 AM »
Inquisitor?

Its an old school rpg version of Baldur's Gate meets Belluaterra/ObiSye. Demon invasion, theocratic holy order, fight between templars and inquisitors, and shenanigans. So many shenanigans. Sort of like if we stuck Obia in Diablo II crossed with Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall and Baldur's Gate thrown in for good measure.

Made by some guys from the Czech republic in the late 2000s, then finally got translated into English in 2012. Plenty of good lets plays on youtube. For the time, the graphics and gameplay were incredible. The environmental sounds are glorious, alignment/magic/loot/crafting system rocks, and the trees wave in the breeze. They WAVE.

Anyway, fanboying too much. Back to Obeah's glorious charge.

PURGE ZE HERETICS! I mean, glory be to Obeah.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #220: December 01, 2017, 05:52:32 PM »
Question: There's obviously been a lot of chatter about things in the realm. The hottest topic being in regards to Templars Vs Inquisitors. However, a decision that will have a more immediate impact is what to do with all of this territory we'eve enlightened. One camp says keep all the land and make duchies. The other says we should start founding new realms based around the cities we've laid claim to.

With 23 nobles for our current 10 regions, we could certainly start doing the latter. But I kind of like looking on the realmstat page and seeing that our numbers closely rival the powerhouse that is Nothoi. Thus, I'm torn.

Blint

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #221: December 01, 2017, 08:28:25 PM »
Question: There's obviously been a lot of chatter about things in the realm. The hottest topic being in regards to Templars Vs Inquisitors. However, a decision that will have a more immediate impact is what to do with all of this territory we'eve enlightened. One camp says keep all the land and make duchies. The other says we should start founding new realms based around the cities we've laid claim to.

With 23 nobles for our current 10 regions, we could certainly start doing the latter. But I kind of like looking on the realmstat page and seeing that our numbers closely rival the powerhouse that is Nothoi. Thus, I'm torn.

Personally, I think end goal is split into separate realms.. but as it stands now I don't think those realms would survive let alone thrive. I think we need to establish cities/duchies that have decent production and food supplies before tossing them to the ether.. My vote is for us to remain as one realm for now and build up until we feel we can create a realm that isn't going to wither and die, or become a burden on Obia'Syella.

On a separate note, I had a thought today. What if we encounter a player/player(s) that don't like or don't want to participate in the religion aspect of the game? We can't - I don't think - tell them to F*ck off and go find another realm.. at least I would feel bad about doing that.. So my question is how would we handle that IC? I imagine G2 would want to burn them at the stake and eat them for dinner...
A good chess player plays 3 moves ahead, A great chess player plays 1 move ahead, but it's always the right move.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #222: December 01, 2017, 08:54:56 PM »
I'm glad you asked, because we already have the answer built in to Obian society: The Sacred Realm is a theocracy, therefore anyone is not a member of the church are likewise forbidden from holding office. That is, any office. No lordships, no marshalships, and certainly no ruling council seats. These knights are effectively second class citizens and will be treated accordingly. If the player(s) don't like being treated as such, then it is their choice to either join the temple or find some other place to call home.

We do not have the right to tell players how to play. Similarly, we are not obligated to make any special accommodations.

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223: December 02, 2017, 12:11:00 AM »
What if we encounter a player/player(s) that don't like or don't want to participate in the religion aspect of the game? We can't - I don't think - tell them to F*ck off and go find another realm.. at least I would feel bad about doing that.. So my question is how would we handle that IC? I imagine G2 would want to burn them at the stake and eat them for dinner...

Nonsense! We both know that he would eat them raw and still alive, and then burn what's left.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #224: December 04, 2017, 08:08:09 AM »
Mmmm. Apostate Bacon?