Author Topic: Sacred Obia'Syela  (Read 164719 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Sacred Obia'Syela
« Reply #285: March 29, 2018, 08:51:14 PM »
I feel like these people RP even more than the Xavax did. I never thought I'd ever say that.  ;D  It's difficult to keep up, but keep rocking, y'all. I am one very happy camper <3

"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #286: March 30, 2018, 01:19:27 PM »
All it needs is a good push ;)
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287: March 30, 2018, 03:05:09 PM »
Did the Heralds became a state relligion? :(

It's sad to see but I've noticed there are hardly any followers from outsite OS. What happened to the great evangelisation? Get priests out in the world and start convertin'
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #288: March 30, 2018, 03:08:19 PM »
It should be yeah so gotta convert those in the realm. And G2 is actually outside of OS now to do just that. Kinda fell apart when both I and JeVondair stepped back.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #289: April 02, 2018, 06:21:00 PM »
Did the Heralds became a state relligion? :(

It's sad to see but I've noticed there are hardly any followers from outsite OS. What happened to the great evangelisation? Get priests out in the world and start convertin'

There are temples in Fronen and the Shattered Vales, our closest neighbors. But the problem was always too few priests-players :-(

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #290: April 03, 2018, 05:26:19 PM »

There are temples in Fronen and the Shattered Vales, our closest neighbors. But the problem was always too few priests-players :-(

Yes and no. Part of the reason is also that the priest chars we did have were very busy with internal OS matters. I actually intend to change this. Assuming that G2 is re-elected (no opponent yet, so guess so ::)) I intend to give people free reign internally per government role etc so I can focus almost exclusively on foreign affairs and spreading the faith. Having you return somewhat and add to the faith as well will make that even greater, plus from the looks of it we'll get another active priest as well, so there's a lot of optimism on my part.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #291: April 10, 2018, 01:55:28 PM »
SOS needs to find a way to found a new kingdom in the south or it will be destroyed in the next invasion.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #292: April 10, 2018, 10:13:56 PM »
SOS needs to find a way to found a new kingdom in the south or it will be destroyed in the next invasion.

Well we may, or we may not. There is still a lot of time, plus Ardmore keeps failing hehe.

Blint

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #293: April 10, 2018, 10:30:18 PM »
Well we may, or we may not. There is still a lot of time, plus Ardmore keeps failing hehe.

I am furious at Ardmore... Every single time we move into a magical horde from nowhere materializes and decimates us.... FeelsBadMan
A good chess player plays 3 moves ahead, A great chess player plays 1 move ahead, but it's always the right move.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #294: April 10, 2018, 10:50:01 PM »
Well it was only 3k this time, that's actually not really bad. But the orders went out way too late, so very few people moved.

Blint

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #295: April 10, 2018, 10:51:58 PM »
Well it was only 3k this time, that's actually not really bad. But the orders went out way too late, so very few people moved.

I know, I know, but scout reports ahead of time showed 0 enemies in Ardmore.. and because I can't get Astros or Boltgan to figure out who wants to issue orders when... Or actually do it... It's like what I imagine being a parent is like...
A good chess player plays 3 moves ahead, A great chess player plays 1 move ahead, but it's always the right move.

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296: April 11, 2018, 01:15:24 AM »
It's a big realm and Grand Templar doesn't really have to micromanage. Yo can just tell them "attack Ardmore with full force at your earliest convenience" or something like that and let them decide who issues orders, when to attack, full or half-day move, scout reports, predictions, formations etc.

There are countless ways of organizing military structure in a realm. None of them really wrong, but some of them can prove to be more right for each realm. Find a way that works IC and is enjoyable OOC and bam! stuff's suddenly peachy.  ;)
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #297: April 11, 2018, 07:13:46 AM »
To be fair  Astros is being an ass as much as he seems capable of being one. At least Vahanian is being addressed as General now. Kenobi  :-X

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #298: April 11, 2018, 01:46:29 PM »
Ever since G2 became Ruler you all may have noticed he does things a bit different than those who came before him. Today I finalized my intentions with clear instructions and thought it would be interesting to explain this OOC shortly as well.

G2 should in theory not deal with anything within Obia'Syela, but rather the rest of the government should. Now they all have their areas, but they have no boundries so I'll expect some back and forth pushing between the Judge/Banker/General against each other. The idea is to move completely away from one person micromanaging everything (even though JeVondair did that perfectly, if that one person falls away you get total chaos as we saw). Once people are settled in I could theoretically become inactive and you'll have no issue because the institutions are present. Each of the government members has their own council (of which G2 is not a member I should add) to arrange their affairs and complete control over that message group.

So G2 is gonna lean back? Obviously not :) I hope to focus him entirely on foreign diplomacy and expanding the faith and thus RPíng a lot more about the faith as I've recently been doing already.

Small sneak peak, this is how a 'ruler' addresses his own government members :p
Letter from Goriad II Gabanus
Message sent to everyone in message group "The Grand Council" (4 recipients)
You all have your orders and tasks. You have been elected into your positions, now I expect you to do your job. Do not disappoint me, for if you fail I will interfere where need be and I do not wish to waste my time on cleaning up your mess. In stead there are a great many diplomatic matters to deal with as well as the spread of our faith. Do not fail your job, for I won't fail mine.
Goriad II Gabanus
Regent of Obia'Syela
Royal of Obia'Syela
Ambassador of Obia'Syela
Priest of Heralds of Obeah

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #299: April 11, 2018, 01:58:24 PM »
Here's my worry: Invasions can happen in a lot of ways, but last time it began with monster spawns from sea and rogue regions, which SOS is still completely surrounded by bc the southern monster spawns have been ridiculous. And if you think we're struggling now, wait till those invasion-level, 50k+ Rogue hordes start popping up again. If we don't find a way to populate and pacify the south, we'll loose it.