Author Topic: Approved: Add Enslavement to Troop or TO Options  (Read 2295 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Summary: Slavery           
 Details:

• Of all the despicable things we can do in game (Pillaging, genocide, rape) It occurs to me that one glaring option is missing: Taking Slaves. Let’s face it, it happened, a lot. History is full of those dirty details. My idea is that instead of stealing food, players can select the slavery option to steal a region’s population and add it to their own home region (perhaps at a cost to region morale/control). Conversely, it could also be a TO option where if you enslave 2/3s of the population, the region flips. Perhaps that would be a FAST brutal TO option, but with a high likelihood of the region revolting.
Benefits:

• If you did not want realism, then rape and genocide would not be a part of the game. Since they are, this should be too. I want to see players, good and evil, justify or vilify slavery. From a mechanics standpoint, I see it as being less effective at depleting regional populations then genocide, for example, but much faster a driving down regional control and inspiring peasant mobs.
Possible Downsides or Exploits: 

• Honestly I’m not certain how this could be exploited. Any other downside I might list is kind of superseded by the fact that rape is supported in the game (ie player emotions).

« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 03:01:17 AM by Vita »
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"