Author Topic: Thesseus 14 - The Keeper of the auspicious goats  (Read 1731 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
"It;s been days now M'Lord, shouldnt we go in there? I mean, is she even still alive in there? what on earth is she doing otherwise?"
Thesseus'  captain asked impatiently.

They had set up a proper camp and Theseus was enjoying his meal in his tent.
He put down his food and wiped his face and beard clean.

"I intend to be patient, however her life is of great concern to us, we need to be able to consult her in the future as well. Lets start with knocking on her door."

The two exited the tent and walked up the hill and knocked on the door.
After patiently repeating their attempts several times they where left without reply.
Thesseus ordered his men to gather at the door and prepare for a break in.
Just as he was about to give the final order to kick the door open, the lady opened it and bright-fully looked at Thesseus and his men.
A strong smell of alcohol came out of her mouth as she opened it.

" Your still here?"

The captain struggled to suppress his frustration and decided to turn around taking himself at a safe distance.
Thessues was puzzled and had trouble replying coherently.

"Umh. Wh-Wherent you the one who told us t-to b-be patient?"

The lady burst out in laughter.
"You still don't get it? any of you?"
She asked as she looked around just to find either frustrated or confused faces.

"umhh so there isnt an awnser you can give us? what did the kitchen knife mean then?"
Thesseus asked carefully.

"Thats right! Isnt it obvious? The goat walked straight to the knife and didn't move away from it as he kept grazing. Now imagine your self as that Goat and the knife as your sword."
The lady said, visibly pleased with her own answer.

"Even if i'd understand what you just said, why did you keep us waiting?"

"I didnt keep you waiting, you choose to wait. I haven't tasted the goodness of ale for a long time now and you just gave me a years supply of it, i must have slept for days after i had my first taste."

Thesseus was silent for a while and thought about the whole situation until he finally realized something crucial.

" Mhhh. I believe i understand it now. This whole situation seems like a metaphor of what is going on between the rulers and Lady Rania. I choose to wait but i didn't realize what to expect. We will never get a straight forward answer about her nature, dealing with you feels very much like this right now, waiting in front of your cottage for days not knowing how long it takes, every answer you give me only raises more doubt. We shouldn't keep waiting for something that may never come. We should trust our selves, our herd and our swords instead of the people around us."

The lady simply smiled without reply.

"Yes, we should let our swords do the talking for us! We should stop waiting for a satisfying answer and let actions speak for them selves instead. All Rania gave me where words, no actions. We should welcome anyone who raises the sword with us against our foes and strike down any sword raised against us. No more words should be wasted on each other unless they are carved in our enemies flesh!"

Enthusiastically Theseus turned around and spoke to his men.

"Pack your stuff and pick up your swords! To battle men!"

He turned to the lady and held her hands in his.

"Thank you dear Keeper. We will return for your wisdom soon, and next time I will bring double the amount of ale. I will build a whole new house for you, a temple in fact, right here on this hill so all of Gotland may come to your guidance in comfort."

The lady shrieked of joy at the mention of more ale but stuttered incomprehensibly after Thessseus offered her a temple for a house.
He didn't give her the chance to reply and hurried back down hill to lead his men back to join the army in Aesh and within only a short time the camp was disassembled and the lot of them on their way west leaving worried yet excited old lady behind.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog