Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 550367 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1380: October 17, 2012, 02:09:33 AM »
Nevertheless, it is good to see the Barony doing something substantial.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381: October 17, 2012, 02:33:58 AM »
Nevertheless, it is good to see the Barony doing something substantial.

Something? We basically bounced off the walls and both my characters got wounded >.>

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382: October 17, 2012, 02:35:48 AM »
coughjumpedtheguncough

Cough Your army is too busy coughing too fight because your all sissies and you caught flu marching then refused to battle cough

Eirikr

« Reply #1383: October 17, 2012, 03:49:40 AM »
Something? We basically bounced off the walls and both my characters got wounded >.>

We showed how strong we are, though. As stupid as the move was, if they aren't afraid of our combined might now, they're signing their own death warrants. We're also going to likely keep Tara off the Western front in any real measure if they really want to protect Minas Leon.

Of course... that means we won't be going down to the staring match... Can't say I'm really too upset. Our refit times would be very long anyway.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384: October 17, 2012, 04:15:13 AM »
We showed how strong we are, though. As stupid as the move was, if they aren't afraid of our combined might now, they're signing their own death warrants. We're also going to likely keep Tara off the Western front in any real measure if they really want to protect Minas Leon.

Of course... that means we won't be going down to the staring match... Can't say I'm really too upset. Our refit times would be very long anyway.

I was very confused by your talking from this perspective for a few moments...
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Eirikr

« Reply #1385: October 17, 2012, 08:05:15 AM »
I was very confused by your talking from this perspective for a few moments...

Yeah, before I was a political thorn in the side, I was a military leader of the North. :P

Actually, my BoM Marshal is my first, less talkative and less successful character... But the flavor of BoM makes me enjoy him more. There's something nice about being able to just ignore everything else but the wild tales of Viking lore and the fighting. The military aspect is what has really kept me in the game. I didn't actually know what to do when it looked like Ravendon should start staying at home. The lack of assassination attempts have eased my mind, though.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386: October 17, 2012, 08:22:42 AM »
The lack of assassination attempts have eased my mind, though.

I am sure I can find a way to ramp them up again if you're missing them.  ;)

Jon Snow

• Knight
  • Eddard, Brandon, and Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387: October 17, 2012, 06:13:38 PM »
My character's unit was set to act aggressively  :P He left the walls and went charging towards the foe... All alone  :-[  But the battle was pretty fun though! Thanks BoM.

Jon Snow

• Knight
  • Eddard, Brandon, and Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388: October 17, 2012, 06:19:37 PM »
Well... The Barony should have, but MI betrayed us once again I suck at reading orders... I should have expected it... Same old, same old.

At least it makes great news for the Facebook page! :D

Yeah that bit was actually pretty fun  ;D  BoM really did seem in a hurry. They hit the battle field while MI was still deep in it's cups...

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389: October 18, 2012, 02:31:43 AM »
Yeah that bit was actually pretty fun  ;D  BoM really did seem in a hurry. They hit the battle field while MI was still deep in it's cups...

The problem is that when Vikings hear an order to attack, they go into a frenzy and stop listening after the word attack, even though the order was "attack tomorrow".

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390: October 18, 2012, 05:50:42 AM »
That just means Ithilians talk too much. The sentence should have ended with "attack!"
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391: October 18, 2012, 09:44:23 AM »
That just means Ithilians talk too much. The sentence should have ended with "attack!"

The sentence should have just been "Attack!"

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392: October 18, 2012, 01:33:22 PM »

Minas Ithil was all set to begin moving and looked over to the Makarian camps to find they had run ahead and charged Leo.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Elegant

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393: October 18, 2012, 07:59:55 PM »
That means Makarians are masters of stealth. When they were moving with huge siege engines, banners and other stuff, then the nearby camped Ithilians could not notice them.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394: October 19, 2012, 12:38:16 AM »
That means Makarians are masters of stealth. When they were moving with huge siege engines, banners and other stuff, then the nearby camped Ithilians could not notice them.

More likely the Ithilians are blind and deaf...