Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 540761 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #15: March 04, 2011, 01:04:50 AM »
Or you could have forced the secession of Barad Gardor to split Coria in half.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 04, 2011, 02:28:43 AM »
The problem is that most realms are just highly entrenched, and the players in them are afraid of losing their power. I also hope for a huge shakeup. If a couple duchies could start emancipating themselves from some of the larger realms Atamara would become quite the interesting Island. As it is I just stick around because I really want to see CE finally see that E part become a misnomer. They have been a true Empire for far to long now ruling of Tara and Talerium, and essentially the diplomacy of all of southern Atamara.
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 04, 2011, 12:43:24 PM »
Despite what many seem to think I'd consider the current war to be quite an large dynamics changer for Atamara. Much like when RedSpan/Abington fell. The Cagilan Empire/Tara/friends lost the enemy they had fought against for the past half a decade or something and that meant them finding new targets.

I don't think the Cagilan Empire will be the same after this and thus there will be change in the island. How much difference there will be depends on the resolve of the realms fighting against them.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 04, 2011, 02:30:45 PM »
Indeed, and you'll notice Eston just signed a controversial peace treaty with Coria when it almost *could* have tried to absorb the Duchy of Barad Falas. It did this with the intent of trying to turn the current war in the north from "Eston and Hammarsett trying to expand into Coria" to "Lets take the fight to the Cagilan Empire."

Man, I totally called this.  I was just telling Bedwyr on IRC that this was the motive for what is, frankly, an awful treaty on the surface.  I win the future.

WarMaid

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 05, 2011, 10:34:57 AM »
Prediction: Carelia to be double-crossed by Caergoth and Suville when the war either drags on too long or Carelia starts losing. Would place money on it.

If Carelia is losing then Caergoth and Suville are losing, too.  The war doesn't belong to Carelia; it's just on their border.  Caergoth and Suville are not the twins that they used to be, either.  Geography is likely to give them common interest in the future, but their old Abington history, not so much.
Kindon Family

m2rt

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: March 05, 2011, 07:49:59 PM »
The problem is that most realms are just highly entrenched, and the players in them are afraid of losing their power. I also hope for a huge shakeup. If a couple duchies could start emancipating themselves from some of the larger realms Atamara would become quite the interesting Island. As it is I just stick around because I really want to see CE finally see that E part become a misnomer. They have been a true Empire for far to long now ruling of Tara and Talerium, and essentially the diplomacy of all of southern Atamara.

Then shake things up.

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: March 06, 2011, 01:40:15 AM »
Then shake things up.

You want to help?
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: March 06, 2011, 07:29:30 PM »
I don't even remember seeing any report of "huge battles" going on. I know some northerners sieged someone's city, and that Minas Ithil has 2 fights or so, but that's about it as far as I know.

Hardly anything to get excited over. My predictions is that the wars will end before anything significant happens, at most a realm or two losing much grounds. Everything else will remain basically the same.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #23: March 06, 2011, 07:57:18 PM »
If you were a citizen of Coria, you would certainly think there's a war going on, with Darka, Eston, and the Barony all destroying your capital.

Nazgorn, Galadia, Barad Falas, Belegmon, Anfalas.

The problem, of course, is that we (Darka) want Coria to surrender before we go after CE.

m2rt

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: March 06, 2011, 09:36:58 PM »
You want to help?

Nah, I'm a Duke in a relatively safe space. (For now, not for long probably) I'm almost happy as it is, thought I would like to tear Hammersett to dust...

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: March 07, 2011, 11:45:14 AM »
If Carelia is losing then Caergoth and Suville are losing, too.  The war doesn't belong to Carelia; it's just on their border.  Caergoth and Suville are not the twins that they used to be, either.  Geography is likely to give them common interest in the future, but their old Abington history, not so much.

I don't think they're twins, I think they're opportunists. Don't get me wrong, what Carelia is doing is audacious and if successful will certainly shake things up a bit. But if she's not successful, I reckon she'll be made to pay a heavy price for her failed ambition. They're fighting for land as much as Carelia is and they'll get it one way or another.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: March 07, 2011, 11:53:20 AM »
what you mean there is RISK to the war. Well that is something unusual for the average BM realm.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: March 07, 2011, 06:37:37 PM »
Indeed, and you'll notice Eston just signed a controversial peace treaty with Coria

Well, you're right about it being controversial. That's about all its been good for  :D
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: March 07, 2011, 07:04:42 PM »
Well, you're right about it being controversial. That's about all its been good for  :D

Only controversial because Aldarion has Darka under his thumb and Hammarsett is greedy for land.  :P
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: March 07, 2011, 10:27:46 PM »
Only controversial because Aldarion has Darka under his thumb and Hammarsett is greedy for land.  :P
Meh, you got suckered into signing a really bad treaty by Coria. And in the process alienated the entire northern alliance. This is not going to end well...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.