Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 550396 times)

skiarxon@gmail.com

Re: The Current War
« Reply #1755: May 15, 2013, 03:50:38 AM »
Ehhhhh, I wouldn't bet on that... Remember how Darka was only putting 20kish CS in the field for a while until you guys got really motivated? I imagine CE could pull off a similar surge if it had a compelling reason to.

There is none. They come along with their friends and they bang their heads against the wall. 2-3 days of looting don't do much difference like they never did to Coria. After that boredom kicks in and nobles leave or just stay in the capital.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756: May 15, 2013, 07:23:41 AM »
Looting Coria made a very large difference. It forced Coria to capitulate due to the complete destruction of its ability to make war after months and months of looting. Granted, we did so on favorable terms, but it doesn't make the withdrawal any different.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757: May 15, 2013, 07:26:22 AM »
Granted, we did so on favorable terms,

Ah, the good ole' days. How I miss them. Back when Kings were Kings, not fugitives!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758: May 15, 2013, 09:21:52 AM »
Ehhhhh, I wouldn't bet on that... Remember how Darka was only putting 20kish CS in the field for a while until you guys got really motivated? I imagine CE could pull off a similar surge if it had a compelling reason to.

Bah it is frustrating to repeat the same things over and over again. It's not a matter of motivation, we have more nobles and we have the homeland army aiding to the defense as well, the Homeland army doesn't march outside Darka.

Even now we have many players joining so you will soon see even more CS.Still it won't be a matter of motivation, more players= more cs.Darka has tons of gold to give away for ppl to recruit as much as they can, they simply have to ask for it.

So it is a matter of gold (someone said it wasn't?) because we are fighting 3 regions from our capital, we have tons of gold to turn into men and the enemy always loses a lot in the first battle and the leftovers can't do much. So far they showed nothing to upset Darka, even the looting is rather ridiculous considering the fact they are like 5 realms :P

They have to get a lot better to make difference, and not just recruit more but actually use their units right instead of suiciding half their forces.

They will taste the fun of traveling back and forth for ages, knowing the enemy expects them fully repaired and prepared. Darka did the same in the beginning of this war, needless to say we lost 10 players over this.
Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759: May 15, 2013, 02:23:20 PM »
Bah it is frustrating to repeat the same things over and over again. It's not a matter of motivation, we have more nobles and we have the homeland army aiding to the defense as well, the Homeland army doesn't march outside Darka.

Even now we have many players joining so you will soon see even more CS.Still it won't be a matter of motivation, more players= more cs.Darka has tons of gold to give away for ppl to recruit as much as they can, they simply have to ask for it.

I'd argue it's semantics. After all, a lot of those new players only showed up because of the situation you're in, and I would guess that some players who've been there the whole time are more interested and engaged now that fighting means defending Darka against superior forces instead of marching for a week at a time just to get to the front line. No wonder you lost players before. Few things are more boring than a distant campaign that never gets anywhere.

In any case CE has just as many nobles, so if they were as motivated as you are (which is not currently the case), they could probably bring similar numbers to bear. CE isn't exactly poor itself, after all. But, now they're the ones marching for a week just to get to Darka, and looting's not that interesting. The battles are nice, but there's one, what, every three weeks? I'm already bored with it, personally. I need to get myself into the Senate to see if it's more interesting.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760: May 15, 2013, 02:57:42 PM »
I'd argue it's semantics. After all, a lot of those new players only showed up because of the situation you're in, and I would guess that some players who've been there the whole time are more interested and engaged now that fighting means defending Darka against superior forces instead of marching for a week at a time just to get to the front line.
There is definitely some truth in that. Where we used to have trouble getting more than half the Royal Army to march to war, participation in that last set of battles in Malor was absolutely incredible. If there were 5 warrior class Darkans not in Malor, I would have been shocked.

In any case CE has just as many nobles, so if they were as motivated as you are (which is not currently the case), they could probably bring similar numbers to bear. CE isn't exactly poor itself, after all. But, now they're the ones marching for a week just to get to Darka, and looting's not that interesting. The battles are nice, but there's one, what, every three weeks? I'm already bored with it, personally.
That's Darka's strategy: TO bore the MiCE into giving up. :D
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761: May 15, 2013, 04:52:10 PM »

My point exactly.

Not really. In your dreams sure.

And  it's a good thing that I had a point, unlike the above non-post  ::)

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762: May 15, 2013, 09:01:09 PM »
I'd argue it's semantics. After all, a lot of those new players only showed up because of the situation you're in, and I would guess that some players who've been there the whole time are more interested and engaged now that fighting means defending Darka against superior forces instead of marching for a week at a time just to get to the front line. No wonder you lost players before. Few things are more boring than a distant campaign that never gets anywhere.

Sure there is a point to that :) But it also a fact that when Darka fought the war traveling for a week she lost a lot of nobles :D and i do hope that this will be the case for Darka's enemies right now as well.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763: May 15, 2013, 09:24:53 PM »
Sure there is a point to that :) But it also a fact that when Darka fought the war traveling for a week she lost a lot of nobles :D and i do hope that this will be the case for Darka's enemies right now as well.

That could definitely happen, provided you can keep it stalemated and boring for long enough.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764: May 16, 2013, 04:51:39 AM »

With the current lack of players this game is suffering, you would want anyone, even an enemy, to lose people?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765: May 16, 2013, 04:53:06 AM »
With the current lack of players this game is suffering, you would want anyone, even an enemy, to lose people?
Lose characters? Sure, just not have the player leave the game over one realm.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766: May 16, 2013, 05:23:25 AM »
Lose characters? Sure, just not have the player leave the game over one realm.

If you feel you can magically make that not happen, then please feel free. But it does happen. And saying it doesn't to win an argument on a forum doesn't change that fact.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767: May 16, 2013, 07:30:23 AM »
So, are you trying to say, Darka should not keep it up to "stalemate" so CE wont lose characters and so that they could have fun?

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768: May 16, 2013, 07:49:40 AM »

lol what? I said i hope they lose people to other realms. Darka lost players to other realms or continents, they didn't quit the game. wth :P

and hell yeah i hope that happens to them , i hope they leave them and join Colonies instead.

I doubt any of them cared when Darkans were leaving.And more may leave now as well, gangbangs sooner or later lead to ppl leaving the realm that getw gangbanged, in the beginning it's fun, in the end....not so much
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 07:54:34 AM by Lavigna »

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769: May 16, 2013, 07:50:40 AM »
It's a little early to call this a "stalemate", don't you think?  :)
------
qui audet vincit