Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 549193 times)

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1845: July 05, 2013, 05:52:30 PM »
That's why I said it cuts both ways. First one way for most of the war, and now the other.

The reason I said it was bad is because it appears that it will be the one thing that keeps Darka and the Empire from really coming to grips with each other, which is detrimental to all of Atamara. It effectively mandates a stalemate between them, makes Talerium effectively immortal, and is a roadblock to any sort of meaningful change on that entire third of the map.

To me apart all the "old blocks honor code whatever" it seems like a perfect survival tactic for Talerium itself. CE won't hurt then since it kept Darka outside it's lands and Darka won't attack them either of course, because if we had such intention we would have done it in the beggining of the war. So it is simple and smart.

Darka spent the whole war traveling regions and regions and lost. Maybe not it's CE's turn :P At least  *so far* CE had strong allies.We can all be thankful that changed :P I guess Silnaria did make a difference - for now-.
Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846: July 05, 2013, 06:02:02 PM »
Are you seriously asking about CE's war plans on the forums?  ???

+1

To me apart all the "old blocks honor code whatever" it seems like a perfect survival tactic for Talerium itself. CE won't hurt then since it kept Darka outside it's lands and Darka won't attack them either of course, because if we had such intention we would have done it in the beggining of the war. So it is simple and smart.

Darka spent the whole war traveling regions and regions and lost. Maybe not it's CE's turn :P At least  *so far* CE had strong allies.We can all be thankful that changed :P I guess Silnaria did make a difference - for now-.

+1, sometimes I wonder if Talerium has piles of gold, I mean they have a lot of land to hide it under.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847: July 05, 2013, 06:19:02 PM »
At least  *so far* CE had strong allies.We can all be thankful that changed :P I guess Silnaria did make a difference - for now-.

The Empire has made an utter and complete hash out of that whole situation.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848: July 05, 2013, 07:29:50 PM »
The Empire has made an utter and complete hash out of that whole situation.

I think it's pretty interesting, to say the least. Suck for Darkan's I bet they finally didn't have to travel for war.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849: July 06, 2013, 09:06:40 AM »
If CE really can be blocked out from Darka, it could give Darka some room to help out BoM and mayby even trying to improve relations with CE friendly realms at north... or spank em some wisdon on their head to abandon such friends.

Both, ML and Rielston have threatened aggression to Darka during this war and Darka have been only able to nod cause there is no chanhce to get anymore enemies, but if CE is really not able to get on us, this could change. But gotta see how serious those 2 realms were... also time is running regards to Hawthorne treaty, so Lyoness and Eston are son free to have relations they wish.

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850: July 06, 2013, 09:21:22 AM »
Yes, that was clearly a serious question.

Sorry. I am actually a BM-playing bot that Tom wrote, so I don't really understand nuanced human behaviors very well. My prediction systems estimated a 40% chance of "rhetorical question" and a 60% chance of "very dumb question". I had to ask in order to be sure.

By the way, are you being sarcastic right now?

Beep beep boop!
------
qui audet vincit

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851: July 06, 2013, 09:35:21 AM »
If CE really can be blocked out from Darka, it could give Darka some room to help out BoM and mayby even trying to improve relations with CE friendly realms at north... or spank em some wisdon on their head to abandon such friends.

Both, ML and Rielston have threatened aggression to Darka during this war and Darka have been only able to nod cause there is no chanhce to get anymore enemies, but if CE is really not able to get on us, this could change. But gotta see how serious those 2 realms were... also time is running regards to Hawthorne treaty, so Lyoness and Eston are son free to have relations they wish.

-Jaune

And that is the fundamental philosophical difference between CE and Darka:

CE: Diplomacy first. Warfare is for when diplomacy fails.
Darka: Spank'em until they agree with you.
------
qui audet vincit

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852: July 06, 2013, 10:06:48 AM »
Heh, like we have not tried to go through this diplomatically? :D I bet i have asked peace treaties more than any other ruler in BM history...

-Jaune

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853: July 06, 2013, 01:19:19 PM »
And that is the fundamental philosophical difference between CE and Darka:

CE: Diplomacy first. Warfare is for when diplomacy fails.
Darka: Spank'em until they agree with you.

I seriously doubt any in your realm trusts you with diplomatic updates because you have obviously no idea about the diplomatic approaches Darka did tried through this war.
In fact you are a pretty irritating bot as all bots are, absolutely no clue of how irrelevant it's "observations" are.

You really hate Darka and it's alright , but you embarass yourself when you try to prove it in the most childish way by making comments that have no logic ( or knowledge for that matter) in them.Sad Panda is sad once more.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 01:50:14 PM by Lavigna »

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854: July 06, 2013, 01:53:53 PM »
http://images.sodahead.com/slideshows/000017103/5530953939_sad_pandas_demotivational_poster-70368948729_xlarge.jpeg

I'm sure their Senate hugs Panda time to time to keep him less sad.

"Dont be sad panda, you are doing good job... just keep bouncing, mayby one day you will have success!"

-jaune

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855: July 07, 2013, 12:48:17 AM »
Err, sure, you guys ask for peace now.

Times when CE tried to sue for peace with Darka:
- At the beginning of the war, when CE was invaded.
- When CE defeated Carelia.
- When CE defeated Hammarsett.
- When CE defeated Minas Ithil.
- When Rieleston seceded from Eston.

All Darka had to do was leave the war, and we would have left you alone. But no, KKKC had his mercenary's "honor", which apparently did not help him whip CE, for some strange reason.

Times when Darka tried to sue for peace with CE:
- When Darka was invaded.

We arrived at the current situation because CE's leadership dealt in facts. KKKC dealt in wishful fantasies. And if that keeps up, not even Merlin can save you.

By the way, Merlin is blocking CE and Tara's moves now because he does not wish to see CE-Tara achieve hegemony over Atamara, and also I think there is a bit of pity for the poor Darkans involved.  :'( Poor, poor Darkans. All the gold in the world, can't win a battle to save their hides.  :'(

So keep up the personal attacks. This bot doesn't care. ;D
------
qui audet vincit

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856: July 07, 2013, 01:09:47 AM »
Err, sure, you guys ask for peace now.

Times when CE tried to sue for peace with Darka:
- At the beginning of the war, when CE was invaded.
- When CE defeated Carelia.
- When CE defeated Hammarsett.
- When CE defeated Minas Ithil.
- When Rieleston seceded from Eston.

All Darka had to do was leave the war, and we would have left you alone. But no, KKKC had his mercenary's "honor", which apparently did not help him whip CE, for some strange reason.

Times when Darka tried to sue for peace with CE:
- When Darka was invaded.

We arrived at the current situation because CE's leadership dealt in facts. KKKC dealt in wishful fantasies. And if that keeps up, not even Merlin can save you.

By the way, Merlin is blocking CE and Tara's moves now because he does not wish to see CE-Tara achieve hegemony over Atamara, and also I think there is a bit of pity for the poor Darkans involved.  :'( Poor, poor Darkans. All the gold in the world, can't win a battle to save their hides.  :'(

So keep up the personal attacks. This bot doesn't care. ;D

Whoa lol, people in CE are really not playing with you when it comes to politics.
You are so wrong that seriously i don't know if i should laugh at your ignorance or cry.

Anyway, the thing is we don 't even whine for this "invasion" if you can call it one.So far it is a laughable attempt and nothing more.

Explode.

I should remind you that even when Coria attacked your attacks were still laughable?You are embarassing yourself.Seriously just stop.
Do gain yourself a serious victory then come brag and mock because so far you only sound ridiculous and sad panda.

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857: July 07, 2013, 01:15:49 AM »
I would so suggest CE vs Darka with Cantril open for both ways so some mouths can shut it in here. Seriously. I challenge you.

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #1858: July 07, 2013, 01:19:02 AM »
Your "mighty" CE army was a mere 17k. That shows you can't do !@#$ alone since you backed away.

In other news this bot is stupid and should be deleted. You know. Like a former MiCE PM.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859: July 07, 2013, 01:23:11 AM »
Uh oh. I've angered LaVagina! She can't prove me wrong, so she keeps up with the personal attacks, which actually just makes me a happy panda.  ;D

There is no need to quote when the post you're responding to is right above you, by the way. :)

Dammit!
Costly few battles those were....

Darka lost few precious nobles one of them was general permanently and a LOT got prisoned and wounded, including whole royal family. King seriously wounded, prince wounded and princess captured by CE.

-Jaune

Not sure, this has lasted a pretty long time, now was first time that battles occured on Darkan lands.

But gotta admit, we got beaten this time :)

-KK

Don't mind Skiarxon. He's just mad that his hero got killed. 8)

No... You're right. CE has never won a serious victory on Darkan soil. My bad. "No wait that one doesn't count!" I'm sure. ;)

Explode.

Yep. That's what your RCs did.  ;D

I would so suggest CE vs Darka with Cantril open for both ways so some mouths can shut it in here. Seriously. I challenge you.

Oh... Poor, poor LaVagina. Blockages can cause serious health issues. You should see your gynecologist about that.  :(
------
qui audet vincit