Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 549772 times)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1890: July 31, 2013, 11:31:15 AM »
Not really involved in things in Atamara these days, but I just wanted to say how much I admire Silverfire for what he has done and tried to achieve. It's a real shame everything got so heated that he feels he has to step away for a while. I was once a ruler of a good sized realm in the bearpit of Atamara and I can vouch how hard it is not only having the will to change things, but having the courage to try and achieve it too.

I used to be ruler of the Ash Sea Islands and I could have allied with Abington and formed an axis against Tara and CE. I had even planned to open a front against Tara (which almost certainly would have lifted the pressure on our ally Falasan at the time). Alas, I knew that it would cause some headaches in my realm and that once it was done there would be no going back. So I dithered and stood aloof from what was happening to RedSpan and Abington on my borders. Soon, without any hope or prospect of aid Abington imploded and then my chance was gone. I had the opportunity to upset the apple cart but I just didn't have the courage to do it in the end. I often wonder how things in Atamara might have turned out if I had done things differently.