Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 548238 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #30: March 08, 2011, 08:36:20 AM »
Yeah, what Bedwyr said.

I heard someone remark the other day that, from jus reading the treaty and not knowing the situation, you'd think Coria won the war, and wasn't really forced to surrender. And indeed, if I was CE, I would be congratulating Coria on securing the northern border for the Empire. Because that's what the treaty does.

Uh, yeah, that's partly the point. Kerwin did not want to force Coria into anything, certainly not an awful, punishing treaty. Like Munro and I have said, our characters are trying to forge a friendship between Eston and Coria. Kerwin did not want to force a painful treaty upon Coria and only grow resentment and sure up any Corian hate or resolve against Eston or the north.

Also, I'm not sure how you could say the treaty looks like Coria won. It certainly looks like the war was a lot more even sided, but I mean Coria surrenders a region to Eston... does that happen often in treaties for the winner? They give up a region? Even if a relatively unimportant one?

Nevertheless, we shall see what happens, I suppose. Maybe it'll go haywire and fall apart into war again or maybe not. I'm quite optimistic at this point, though.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)