Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 549819 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #30: March 08, 2011, 07:04:09 PM »
Uh, yeah, that's partly the point. Kerwin did not want to force Coria into anything, certainly not an awful, punishing treaty. Like Munro and I have said, our characters are trying to forge a friendship between Eston and Coria. Kerwin did not want to force a painful treaty upon Coria and only grow resentment and sure up any Corian hate or resolve against Eston or the north.

And doing it on Coria's terms, from everything I've seen.  Especially since you decided to do those negotiations without involving the rest of the north.

Also, I'm not sure how you could say the treaty looks like Coria won. It certainly looks like the war was a lot more even sided, but I mean Coria surrenders a region to Eston... does that happen often in treaties for the winner? They give up a region? Even if a relatively unimportant one?

The copy of the treaty terms I saw (which was a while ago, may have been amended) essentially secured the Cagilan Empire's northern borders.  Keeping the whole northern alliance from being able to go through without smashing through Talerium after they'd gone to all the work to break Coria.  That is worth considerably more than a single region.

And yes, I'm mildly annoyed as Leta and my character Malcolm staked their careers and the entirety of Carelia on this war, and we were counting on the northern realms coming to assist, not getting sidetracked beating down Eston for selling them out for no apparent reason.  Which is, in fact, what it looks like to everyone I've talked to from the north as well as everyone I've talked to in the south.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"