Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 551210 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #420: August 20, 2011, 03:58:30 PM »
Amusing how Aldarion is spinning infiltrator attacks.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #421: August 20, 2011, 04:59:44 PM »
Think Athena can manage an execution a week? They seem to make for better entertainment than tournaments (",)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #422: August 20, 2011, 10:15:23 PM »
Extra tax reduction factor, I believe, though we'll see how the coding works out.

Not only reduction but also a bonus I hope? That's the best thing of the estate system, crazy high taxes if you have enough knights.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #423: August 21, 2011, 01:01:21 AM »
Not only reduction but also a bonus I hope? That's the best thing of the estate system, crazy high taxes if you have enough knights.

Yes, but with diminishing returns.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #424: August 21, 2011, 09:02:32 AM »
Amusing how Aldarion is spinning infiltrator attacks.

Aldarion is the definition of a snake in the grass. He's entirely predictable and always spews the same garbage no matter the issue at hand. It's a bit tiring, honestly.

However, the attacks have certainly given a small boost of excitement to what was becoming quite a boring war of stalemate (not that the stalemate part has changed at all  :P )

Think Athena can manage an execution a week? They seem to make for better entertainment than tournaments (",)

We can only hope ;)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Munro

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #425: August 29, 2011, 11:54:32 AM »
Well that's the last time I use Battlemaster on my phone! I've just paused my character by accident. How long is it before I can unpause again?

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #426: August 29, 2011, 04:45:49 PM »
Well that's the last time I use Battlemaster on my phone! I've just paused my character by accident. How long is it before I can unpause again?

I just saw that notification... was wondering what was going on.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427: August 29, 2011, 05:36:11 PM »
Don't you get a warning when you hit the Pause link? I was pretty sure there was a confirmation screen for that.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #428: August 29, 2011, 06:27:24 PM »
Sometimes a phone will freeze up a little and thus click on a link that you were trying to avoid...

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #429: August 31, 2011, 03:03:38 AM »

I too was wondering about that. It's bad to lose good friends but worse to lose good enemies  ;)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #430: October 10, 2011, 12:33:58 AM »
It could be said that CE's allies are taking the hits, but not even Coria is being hurt badly enough to turn against CE. What hope then is there for Talerium or, even less likely, Tara to turn on them? Carelia's suffering, Suville's pulled out of the war (for now) and for all the efforts of the north, it seems more to avoid TMP than to make any strategic gains in the war. If things continue the way they are, or grow worse, for the southeast then it won't be too long before they're cowed and CE marches north in force.

At this point, its a question of whether the colony will be in Icegate or Azzal. I'd presume the matter's already under quiet discussion.

Finton.

Do you reckon Carna's an RL soothsayer? ;-)

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #431: October 10, 2011, 04:36:54 AM »
Do you reckon Carna's an RL soothsayer? ;-)

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #432: October 10, 2011, 05:47:19 PM »
I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Naw, he's just hiding my true soothsaying ability...
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #433: October 11, 2011, 05:02:54 AM »
Naw, he's just hiding my true soothsaying ability...

That I'd believe. Balance is only a small part of why the Silverfire family always land on their feet  :o

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #434: October 14, 2011, 04:57:55 PM »

I like how Suville fails to take a city, then vents their frustration the next day by sallying a lone 72 man SF troop into the walls.  Classic "Continue on to..." travel fail.
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)