Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 548216 times)

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1875: July 08, 2013, 05:12:17 AM »
Can you guys stop sitting here speculating about the god damn game and play it?

This is a game of medieval nobles who do the things medieval nobles do. Sitting here and saying man I really wanna break up X alliance or destroy Keplerstan doesn't help the game. That's metagaming and doesn't hold true to the original spirit of a comprehensive RPG because you're fabricating character motivations from your personal desires. Sitting here and grumplaining about what people are or aren't doing isn't going to help anything as well. If your character is such a scaredy cat he won't do anything exciting kill him and make a more ambitious character. There's so many !@#$%^&s in this game it honestly astounds me what you people are like in person sometimes.

Things are never as simple as you want them to be when other people are involved. Crying "man but you guys should've done this because this and this and this and gosh you guys are so stupid and are ruining the game" only makes you a massive !@#$%^&.

Play the god damn game instead of complaining at Panda that CE should've done this or that or gosh you guys are ruining everything and why don't you like the things I like. And if you can't, stop playing the game and consider picking up another hobby. Why do you think people are leaving? Do they really want to play this game with you? It's really testing my patience because besides the strategy/risk players half of you want to play TeaPartyMaster, some of you want to play Le Epic Adventure Game of Thrones XXDDD and very few people want to play a god damn internally consistent RPG about medieval nobles in a low-fantasy setting.

You're dealing with other people here guys. Real people. With jobs and stuff they do and families and friends and feelings and thoughts. If they don't like the things you like, deal with it.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876: July 08, 2013, 05:22:27 AM »

This is a game of medieval nobles who do the things medieval nobles do. Sitting here and saying man I really wanna break up X alliance or destroy Keplerstan doesn't help the game. That's metagaming and doesn't hold true to the original spirit of a comprehensive RPG because you're fabricating character motivations from your personal desires. Sitting here and grumplaining about what people are or aren't doing isn't going to help anything as well. If your character is such a scaredy cat he won't do anything exciting kill him and make a more ambitious character. There's so many !@#$%^&s in this game it honestly astounds me what you people are like in person sometimes.

Things are never as simple as you want them to be when other people are involved. Crying "man but you guys should've done this because this and this and this and gosh you guys are so stupid and are ruining the game" only makes you a massive !@#$%^&.

Play the god damn game instead of complaining at Panda that CE should've done this or that or gosh you guys are ruining everything and why don't you like the things I like. And if you can't, stop playing the game and consider picking up another hobby. Why do you think people are leaving? Do they really want to play this game with you? It's really testing my patience because besides the strategy/risk players half of you want to play TeaPartyMaster, some of you want to play Le Epic Adventure Game of Thrones XXDDD and very few people want to play a god damn internally consistent RPG about medieval nobles in a low-fantasy setting.

You're dealing with other people here guys. Real people. With jobs and stuff they do and families and friends and feelings and thoughts. If they don't like the things you like, deal with it.

+1
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #1877: July 08, 2013, 06:08:42 AM »

You have missed the point by miles and you are the one actually crying here. Since there are so many !@#$%^&s like you say why do you read the forums or even why do you still play?

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878: July 08, 2013, 06:08:57 AM »

The entire purpose of the forum is so that we can talk about the game. If you don't want to talk about it, or read about other players' perspectives, why do you bother to come here?

Disagreement I can handle, but I draw a line at incivility. You disagree with something someone said then argue it on the merits. No need to start calling people !@#$%^&s or attacking their motivations.

Edit: That applies to more than one person here, by the way. No need for flaming.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 06:30:30 AM by Geronus »

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879: July 08, 2013, 07:34:58 AM »
Sabotage!   (1 hour, 13 minutes ago)
message to all nobles of Cagilan Empire
Celduin Cuivienen's guards, in Saradic, have captured Skiarxon Guldan, an infiltrator working for Darka while he was sneaking around the camp of Celduin Cuivienen, Knight of Garnagi, Vice-Marshal of Pax Cagila conspicuously, with a poisoned dagger under his cloak.

Tsk tsk. The master infiltrator is slipping...
------
qui audet vincit

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880: July 09, 2013, 08:38:14 PM »
Keep things civil, people, or I'll lock this thread.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881: July 16, 2013, 06:44:41 PM »
Keep things civil, people, or I'll lock this thread.

Am I the only one amused that no one has posted since being asked to keep things civil?

Eirikr

« Reply #1882: July 16, 2013, 07:01:32 PM »
Am I the only one amused that no one has posted since being asked to keep things civil?

Nope. :)

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883: July 30, 2013, 06:56:16 PM »
So is the current war still the same war?

So many other things are going about I am not sure save that CE is fighting Darka single handedly now and Tara is taking over Silnaria regions. Apparently every realm not at war will hold consecutive tournament.

I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Eirikr

« Reply #1884: July 30, 2013, 09:12:33 PM »
So is the current war still the same war?

So many other things are going about I am not sure save that CE is fighting Darka single handedly now and Tara is taking over Silnaria regions. Apparently every realm not at war will hold consecutive tournament.

I'd say no, though I'm now blissfully unaware of the exact situation on Atamara. Did Tara actually declare war?

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885: July 30, 2013, 09:24:58 PM »
I'd say no, though I'm now blissfully unaware of the exact situation on Atamara. Did Tara actually declare war?

Not yet, and Merlin is also stepping down and planning to pause. I think Silnaria is pretty much dead in the water. It will either get attacked, break apart, or go back to being a compliant little puppet of the League again.

Eirikr

« Reply #1886: July 30, 2013, 09:44:31 PM »
Not yet, and Merlin is also stepping down and planning to pause. I think Silnaria is pretty much dead in the water. It will either get attacked, break apart, or go back to being a compliant little puppet of the League again.

Yeah, he gave me the heads up as well. Hm...

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887: July 30, 2013, 09:57:30 PM »

So disappointing.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888: July 31, 2013, 07:59:45 AM »
So disappointing.
I feel that I must echo the quote earlier:

I was a young and optimistic King with dreams of changing Atamara, once.

Then Atamara broke me.

If I had know this was going to happen, I would have supported the rebellion... but let's see if this situation can be salvaged.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889: July 31, 2013, 08:23:12 AM »
Well he is planning to take a break from the game completely not just with Merlin but yeah.  :'(
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton