Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 547945 times)

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1890: July 31, 2013, 09:32:59 AM »
Disappointing and sad. Atamara can indeed break you , can't say i wasn't expecting the player of Merlin to crack at a point ....but i was hoping his stubborn and ambitious char would keep him going.

Well played so far, i feel like i should say that.
Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891: July 31, 2013, 09:38:39 AM »
Yeah, it is sad to see him go. I can imagine the pressure you have faced as player... but then again, i do understand the other side of the coin too... kind of, the stubborness of League(atleast part of it) and stubborness of Merlin, didnt go too well i guess.

I must say, we could use more players like Merlins player, who has courage to change things... I guess i should do that some day too :D

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892: July 31, 2013, 10:03:23 AM »
I must say, we could use more players like Merlins player, who has courage to change things... I guess i should do that some day too :D

-Jaune

Jaune, i think you already did that, that's why we are still having "The Current War"  :P
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893: July 31, 2013, 11:31:15 AM »
Not really involved in things in Atamara these days, but I just wanted to say how much I admire Silverfire for what he has done and tried to achieve. It's a real shame everything got so heated that he feels he has to step away for a while. I was once a ruler of a good sized realm in the bearpit of Atamara and I can vouch how hard it is not only having the will to change things, but having the courage to try and achieve it too.

I used to be ruler of the Ash Sea Islands and I could have allied with Abington and formed an axis against Tara and CE. I had even planned to open a front against Tara (which almost certainly would have lifted the pressure on our ally Falasan at the time). Alas, I knew that it would cause some headaches in my realm and that once it was done there would be no going back. So I dithered and stood aloof from what was happening to RedSpan and Abington on my borders. Soon, without any hope or prospect of aid Abington imploded and then my chance was gone. I had the opportunity to upset the apple cart but I just didn't have the courage to do it in the end. I often wonder how things in Atamara might have turned out if I had done things differently.

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894: July 31, 2013, 04:16:49 PM »
Ah, it's a shame Merlin took a break (although I did as well for study-reasons). I really thought things would get interesting in Silnaria, but it seems Atamara is filled with rulers who are opposed to anything 'new', they have created their own private little sandbox-continent with their own rules and the new kids get bullied away.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895: July 31, 2013, 04:45:50 PM »
I feel that I must echo the quote earlier:

If I had know this was going to happen, I would have supported the rebellion... but let's see if this situation can be salvaged.

I'm prophetic.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896: July 31, 2013, 05:53:48 PM »
Thanks everyone. Can't say I'm not surprised things didn't go more like I had hoped, but I was definitely optimistic about Merlin's ability to change things. Seems I didn't accomplish as much as I wanted.

In the end, I had to recognize what my priorities were though, and it all got a bit too intensive for me. When I had to start trying to work out arguments for ruler discussions in my head while on vacation, or was late to work once trying to deal with a rebellion that came out of nowhere, it was readily apparent I had things wrong.

My only note is that with great power truly does come great responsibility. So I'm giving up both.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897: July 31, 2013, 06:20:32 PM »
Thanks everyone. Can't say I'm not surprised things didn't go more like I had hoped, but I was definitely optimistic about Merlin's ability to change things. Seems I didn't accomplish as much as I wanted.

In the end, I had to recognize what my priorities were though, and it all got a bit too intensive for me. When I had to start trying to work out arguments for ruler discussions in my head while on vacation, or was late to work once trying to deal with a rebellion that came out of nowhere, it was readily apparent I had things wrong.

My only note is that with great power truly does come great responsibility. So I'm giving up both.

I advise you not to delete your account. I went through this same thing, though under slightly different circumstances. I just had too much going on; I had two rulers, two Dukes, and a fifth character who was (comparatively) nobody, and I just got burned out. I am very glad I didn't delete my account however.

Pause everyone, then make an advy and log in once a week or so so that your account doesn't get auto-deleted. I bet you'll be glad you did.

Eirikr

« Reply #1898: July 31, 2013, 08:04:00 PM »
I advise you not to delete your account. I went through this same thing, though under slightly different circumstances. I just had too much going on; I had two rulers, two Dukes, and a fifth character who was (comparatively) nobody, and I just got burned out. I am very glad I didn't delete my account however.

Pause everyone, then make an advy and log in once a week or so so that your account doesn't get auto-deleted. I bet you'll be glad you did.

+1

Definitely the right way to go.

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899: July 31, 2013, 10:49:31 PM »
hey, I discovered BM during my 2nd shift of exams. My first had gone really well, but I almost failed everything during my second. As Silverfire says, even as a knight, I was busy thinking of things to say or write, while I was supposed to be studying. Now I am re-doing these exams, I had to makee a decision, and so I paused all my characters. Luckily I still have several years of studies, so in between the exams, I can play.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900: August 01, 2013, 08:48:23 PM »
Luckily I still have several years of studies, so in between the exams, I can play.

ouch

stuartalexmc

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901: April 28, 2014, 01:28:04 PM »
Well, that was a unexpected conclusion to the 'Great War'

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902: May 01, 2014, 09:26:15 AM »
Holy mother of necromancy.

TURN UNDEAD! TURN UNDEAD!
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #1903: June 05, 2014, 03:19:37 PM »
What happened? I wasn't around to hear of this.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.