Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 551100 times)

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #390: July 19, 2011, 05:18:12 AM »
That's when we pretty much started doing whatever we pleased.

Lets see:

1. Ignoring agreements
2. Interfering in and trying to influence diplomatic discussions of other realms
3. And doing whatever you want to do regardless of what anyone else wants.

Yep, that certainly seems like exactly the complaints  against CE as the reason for the current war. Cheers! We've come full circle!

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #391: July 19, 2011, 05:39:22 AM »
Lets see:

1. Ignoring agreements
2. Interfering in and trying to influence diplomatic discussions of other realms

Yep, that certainly seems like exactly the complaints  against CE as the reason for the current war. Cheers! We've come full circle!

LOL.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #392: July 19, 2011, 05:45:01 AM »
and Darka and BoM actually attacked Corian nobles when they were inside Coria!

Oh, come now!

In the first instance, Jens was returning from killing Taran nobles and was ambushed by the Taran Spock of Vulcan IN CORIAN LANDS. After dispatching him, Jens and his men merely wanted to go inside the palisade and slake their thirst at the local pub and were SET UPON by the Corian Guard!

Jens wasn't there for the second incident, but according to what he heard, the Darkan and Makarian troops were sitting peacefully in their camps, singing campfire songs and cleaning their weapons, when Corian troops raced out of the darkness and FOR NO REASON threw themselves on our swords, forcing our troops to clean their weapons A SECOND TIME!

You're cheesed off? You're lucky we haven't razed your capitol yet.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #393: July 19, 2011, 05:45:09 AM »
Lets see:

1. Ignoring agreements

I've never really bought this argument the CA keeps trying to make. It's a false equivalence.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #394: July 19, 2011, 05:46:59 AM »
I've never really bought this argument the CA keeps trying to make. It's a false equivalence.

What exactly is the difference?

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #395: July 19, 2011, 08:42:53 AM »

While it is a funny parallel, I think real difference is that Darka and the Barony aren't exactly aware they're doing it. They're like a belligerent drunk that just slogs around and does what they please. The Cagilan Empire is fully aware of what they do, and it's their MO.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396: July 19, 2011, 07:04:16 PM »
Well, your itemized list is hardly anything that I've claimed. But still, I do see differences.
1) I'm not convinced that the "agreement" that you think you had is one that you really had. And I'm not convinced that, at least in the case of Darka, that the agreement was violated at all, even if it did exist. Darka did not enter the east side of Coria until *after* Tara had already entered Eston lands on a looting run. Tara taking an aggressive role in the conflict would have voided the restrictions against attacking Tara in the draft of the agreement that I remember. But so far as I can remember, that agreement was never official anyway, and could probably have been considered voided by Coria marching south to help Tara battle against Caergoth/Suville/whoever-it-was.
2) Darka was involved in the war, sending troops, and fighting the war. Asking for terms to be included in the agreement to end the war can hardly be considered interfering. But yeah, I imagine that various realms try to influence others all the time. I mean, that's what politics is, isn't it? Influencing other peoples decisions?
3) Darka has done quite a lot to try and work with other realms of the north to bring together a consensus agreement. It wasn't until after that completely failed that we decided to just give up on everyone else and just start smashing things. But hey, smashing things is fun, so we all win in the end anyway.

In the end, it all works out. The entire continent is at war. And that's much better than all the sitting around, complaining that everyone was doing before.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #397: July 27, 2011, 10:25:47 PM »
So...who's winning anyway? Last I took notice, CE was still the dominant power on AT.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398: July 27, 2011, 10:33:08 PM »
Yeah, I doubt that's going to change any time soon.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #399: July 28, 2011, 12:32:52 AM »
So...who's winning anyway? Last I took notice, CE was still the dominant power on AT.

I would say CE is "winning" but "victory" is still very very far away. The only reason I would say that is because CE has made the most progress in the war, while the others....haven't.

It is a fun World War though, since every realm is involved, except those who have recently left it.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #400: July 28, 2011, 01:54:02 AM »
It could be said that CE's allies are taking the hits, but not even Coria is being hurt badly enough to turn against CE. What hope then is there for Talerium or, even less likely, Tara to turn on them? Carelia's suffering, Suville's pulled out of the war (for now) and for all the efforts of the north, it seems more to avoid TMP than to make any strategic gains in the war. If things continue the way they are, or grow worse, for the southeast then it won't be too long before they're cowed and CE marches north in force.

At this point, its a question of whether the colony will be in Icegate or Azzal. I'd presume the matter's already under quiet discussion.

Finton.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #401: July 28, 2011, 04:08:30 AM »
At this point, its a question of whether the colony will be in Icegate or Azzal. I'd presume the matter's already under quiet discussion.

Finton.

This sounds so "singular". I mean cmon, there are still 23 cities not underneath the banner of the CE alliance, I'm sure that can accommodate more than one colony. ;)

jk?

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #402: July 28, 2011, 06:46:16 AM »
This sounds so "singular". I mean cmon, there are still 23 cities not underneath the banner of the CE alliance, I'm sure that can accommodate more than one colony. ;)

jk?

My only solace in regard to this is that the player count in in decline....

Which is... also depressing...

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #403: July 28, 2011, 05:58:30 PM »
My only solace in regard to this is that the player count in in decline....

Which is... also depressing...

Agreed. I think the Empire itself is probably the only realm on the continent that could even think about a colony right now, and it probably won't be very big. The lack of players suggests to me that this war isn't going to have a particularly satisfying outcome for anyone, not even the victors. I mean, it's always good to win, but I find it very unlikely that any realm involved will actually end up being destroyed, except perhaps Hammarsett because it is the only realm small enough for that to realistically happen to it.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #404: July 28, 2011, 10:40:11 PM »
Agreed. I think the Empire itself is probably the only realm on the continent that could even think about a colony right now, and it probably won't be very big. The lack of players suggests to me that this war isn't going to have a particularly satisfying outcome for anyone, not even the victors. I mean, it's always good to win, but I find it very unlikely that any realm involved will actually end up being destroyed, except perhaps Hammarsett because it is the only realm small enough for that to realistically happen to it.

To be fair, Coria could also be destroyed, not just Hammarsett. Granted, I doubt either of us could conceivably control all of the others territory with our current lack of nobles but that's just how it is.

The interesting thing is if the estate changes are completed before the war ends, that will open up a lot of new possibilities as you wouldn't need any knights in a realm at all potentially.