Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 548023 times)

egamma

Re: The Current War
« Reply #405: July 28, 2011, 11:02:21 PM »
To be fair, Coria could also be destroyed, not just Hammarsett. Granted, I doubt either of us could conceivably control all of the others territory with our current lack of nobles but that's just how it is.

The interesting thing is if the estate changes are completed before the war ends, that will open up a lot of new possibilities as you wouldn't need any knights in a realm at all potentially.

You wouldn't have any income either.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406: July 28, 2011, 11:04:31 PM »
The interesting thing is if the estate changes are completed before the war ends, that will open up a lot of new possibilities as you wouldn't need any knights in a realm at all potentially.
I don't know that I'd go *that* far. If you don't have knights, your region won't have much income. The new estate code will not be a return to the 2005/6 era, where you could control as many regions as you could defend.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #407: July 28, 2011, 11:25:14 PM »
To be fair, Coria could also be destroyed, not just Hammarsett. Granted, I doubt either of us could conceivably control all of the others territory with our current lack of nobles but that's just how it is.

Possibly, that would be a pretty tall order though. With Hammarsett all you have to do is take Shanandoah. Game over. Coria has two cities, and it would take a very concerted effort to loot Barad Falas rogue even if we do get our hands on Barad Gardor. The only other option I could see would be for Eston to actually run a TO there, but I don't think they will agree do that unless something occurs to drastically change their outlook. Hammarsett doesn't have enough nobles to get into a position to TO Barad Falas.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #408: July 29, 2011, 04:15:48 AM »
I don't know that I'd go *that* far. If you don't have knights, your region won't have much income. The new estate code will not be a return to the 2005/6 era, where you could control as many regions as you could defend.

A pity.

Actually, my preferred scenario would be the current system for *production*, and the 2005/2006 system for every other region stat. So that you *may* hold as many regions as you can defend, but if you don't have anyone to watch over them they won't be producing much to make anyone disproportionately rich.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #409: July 29, 2011, 04:21:25 AM »
AFAIK that's more or less the set-up of the new system. You'll be able to hold more lands with fewer nobles, but unless you have 1-2 knights in your region, your production will be limited.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #410: July 29, 2011, 05:18:21 AM »
All you need in the new system will be a Lord for the region.  But you will need a lord, unlike (at one point) when even lords weren't needed.

If you don't have the number of knights the game thinks you need, then your tax collection will be inefficient and you will get less gold.  Your stats will not be otherwise hurt.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #411: July 29, 2011, 05:29:50 AM »
All you need in the new system will be a Lord for the region.  But you will need a lord, unlike (at one point) when even lords weren't needed.

If you don't have the number of knights the game thinks you need, then your tax collection will be inefficient and you will get less gold.  Your stats will not be otherwise hurt.

Cool.

Will this control be held on production levels, on tolerable tax limits, or as an extra tax reduction factor (like the absence of a lord at tax collection)?. I would personally favor the third.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #412: July 29, 2011, 05:35:50 AM »
Extra tax reduction factor, I believe, though we'll see how the coding works out.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #413: July 29, 2011, 06:11:10 AM »
Extra tax reduction factor, I believe, though we'll see how the coding works out.

I approve of these changes.  8)

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #414: July 29, 2011, 10:30:02 AM »
You wouldn't have any income either.

We would have an income. Who cares if every region you control is at 60-70% production due to no estate coverage? If you have 142% more regions than you would otherwise, you break even, and more than that you make a profit.

Not to mention you deny the lands to your opponents.

Think about this, as Duke of a city, would I rather have 4 knights, and ensure 100% production in my region, or have my duchy larger by 4 more regions, as each of those potential knights takes over a region and then pays me a portion of their taxes from their regions. Some will choose one way, others will choose another, but I can't wait for the changes.

Any chance they'll be done before 2012?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #415: July 29, 2011, 11:27:58 AM »
Any chance they'll be done before 2012?

A chance, yes.  More than that, it's hard to say.  Tom's got a nicely fleshed out idea that should be pretty simple, but "should" and "is" are two words everyone knows don't coexist very often.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #416: July 30, 2011, 10:07:00 PM »
I would just like to say I very much like this thread, as it gives me a good idea on what's happening on an island I don't have a character on. It's very entertaining. :)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #417: August 02, 2011, 04:15:47 AM »

HALLELUJAH  :)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #418: August 20, 2011, 09:40:20 AM »
The Royal Army of Darka has a new Marshal! Akagi Kuriga, Knight of Azzal, to be specific.  I will be in command from here on out.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #419: August 20, 2011, 11:53:46 AM »
Talerium and Eston pretty much hate each other with a new burning passion now, as well.  ;D
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)