Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 549478 times)

Eirikr

Re: The Current War
« Reply #1470: December 18, 2012, 07:03:15 AM »
Can't trust the Anderbliss family. Treacherous people they are.

Funny, I thought I heard the exact same words in Sint, but you'd have to replace "Anderbliss" with "Chénier". :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471: December 18, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »
Funny, I thought I heard the exact same words in Sint, but you'd have to replace "Anderbliss" with "Chénier". :P

Of course, if you are daimon-worshippers and there was just one guy that had the guts to call you out for all the atrocities you've committed over a few invasions in a row, I can see how you'd dislike the guy. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472: December 19, 2012, 12:45:07 PM »
CE/Tara/Talerium pushed on to Anost. Wonder what Eston will do.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473: December 19, 2012, 01:42:48 PM »
CE/Tara/Talerium pushed on to Anost. Wonder what Eston will do.

Whimper?
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474: December 19, 2012, 11:01:13 PM »
Probably stare at them. I hear both sides have gotten really good at staring these past years.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475: January 02, 2013, 09:08:06 AM »
Huge Battle Fought   (2 hours, 45 minutes ago)
Rumours spread and tales are sung about a huge battle in Anost:
Barony of Makar, Darka, Eston vs. Cagilan Empire, Strombran, Talerium
Estimated strengths: 3860 men vs. 2130 men
The Black Hussars (Eston), sponsored by Axim Decimus, Duke of Belegrond, Margrave of Belegrond, were led into battle by Marshal Thiam Cuernalis.
The Army of Thorns (Eston), sponsored by Athena Leather, Royal Justiciar of Eston, Duchess of Barad Lacirith, Margravine of Barad Lacirith, were led into battle by Marshal Stannis Verlox.
The Est Sularus oth Mithas (Cagilan Empire), sponsored by Milan Prestongreen, Ambassador of Cagilan Empire, Duke of Cagil, Margrave of Cagil, were led into battle by Marshal Charles Elegant.
The Calis Lions (Cagilan Empire), sponsored by Salvador Zond, Ambassador of Cagilan Empire, Duke of Calis, Margrave of Calis, were led into battle by Marshal Enri Kinsey.
The Fyrd of Ered Luin (Cagilan Empire), sponsored by Salvador Zond, Ambassador of Cagilan Empire, Duke of Calis, Margrave of Calis, were led into battle by Vice-Marshal Berlas of Burgundy.
The Pax Cagila (Cagilan Empire), sponsored by Milan Prestongreen, Ambassador of Cagilan Empire, Duke of Cagil, Margrave of Cagil, were led into battle by Marshal Mizuhiro Ishida.
The Eaglin Eagles (Cagilan Empire), sponsored by Archymond Paxwax, Duke of Eaglin, Margrave of Eaglin, were led into battle by Marshal Virgo Blue Star.
The Lightning Griffins (Cagilan Empire), sponsored by Archymond Paxwax, Duke of Eaglin, Margrave of Eaglin, were led into battle by Marshal Archymond Paxwax.
The Northern Guard (Darka), sponsored by Sebastian O'Riley, Duke of Siver, Margrave of Siver, were led into battle by Marshal Qaratai Borjigin.
The Royal Army of Darka (Darka), sponsored by Lasse Vasata, Ambassador of Darka, Duke of Azzal, Margrave of Azzal, Priest of Darkanism, were led into battle by Vice-Marshal Raud Crownguard.
The Makarian Horde (Barony of Makar), sponsored by Ender Neill, Duke of Makar, Margrave of Makar, were led into battle by Marshal Maduin Eirikr.
The Strombran Stormguard (Strombran), sponsored by Cadelius Strika, Duke of Strombran, Margrave of Strombran, were led into battle by Vice-Marshal Raphael Francios.
Kostaja Kosunen Cosula, King of Darka is spotted wielding the Whispering Staff of Battle.
Kostaja Kosunen Cosula, King of Darka is spotted wearing the Dragon-Scale Jacket of Rantire.
Aknar Frendrin, Knight of Lakota is spotted wearing the Tempus' Chain Mail of Lakota.
Archymond Paxwax, Duke of Eaglin, Margrave of Eaglin is spotted wearing the Cursed Flute.
Kostaja Kosunen Cosula, King of Darka is spotted reading from the Yast's Book of Necromancy.
Godfrid Janssen, Count of Tellwood was captured by Blyzaard Plaraveen's unit.
Margret Simpson, Dame of Amdor was captured by Yova Bremen's unit.
Ferleve de Hauteville, Dame of Xutltec was captured by Luthor Forbes's unit.
Hector McGahee, Knight of Mnt. Sinclair was captured by Gregory Gray's unit.
Beck Mozzoni, Dame of Wistir was captured by Enri Kinsey's unit.
Gwaine Wader, Knight of Rantire was captured by Jason Elegant's unit.
Justin Allard, Knight of Melias was captured by Crimson Strika's unit.
Sir Kende Indirik, General of Darka, Knight of Massillion was captured by Sheeana Aeterdust's unit.
Schaeffer Blackwood, Knight of Saler was captured by Josh spartan's unit.
Blade Murequa, Knight of Barad Lacirith was captured by Berlas of Burgundy's unit.
Oswald Outridge, Knight of Tolhuar was captured by Albatross of the Silverwinds's unit.
Cymore Maxwell, Banker of Cagilan Empire, Knight of Calis was captured by Livia De La Coeur's unit.
Landro Darlor Lawrence, Knight of Saradic was captured by Enri Kinsey's unit.
Defender Victory!

The CE Judge is going to complain about overcrowding in the dungeons again...
------
qui audet vincit

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1476: January 02, 2013, 10:38:54 AM »
And we probably will still have another battle...

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477: January 02, 2013, 06:13:52 PM »
Wow that battle looks exciting, do those happen often on Atamara? I'm wondering if I should migrate my Beluatera character there.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478: January 02, 2013, 06:38:15 PM »
Only two goblins were captured the rest of the Barony seems to have correctly flee'd

Eirikr

« Reply #1479: January 02, 2013, 07:18:23 PM »
Wow that battle looks exciting, do those happen often on Atamara? I'm wondering if I should migrate my Beluatera character there.

Yes, actually. Unfortunately, however, battles that should be won are often lost... Personal woes aside, I'd say battles that large happen every 1-2 weeks... over the same 3-4 regions. If you want to get in on the action, I'd suggest joining either the CE or one of the Northern realms (BoM, Darka or Eston). I'd suggest Eston specifically out of the Northern realms, but it's hurting right now. I'd feel bad if they lost just as you joined.

Eirikr

« Reply #1480: January 02, 2013, 07:38:38 PM »
Unrelated: The current map of Atamara really makes Rieleston's name obvious. (Emphasis added, necessary or not.)

Other than comedic effect, why is Eston's label all the way over there?

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481: January 02, 2013, 08:09:43 PM »
Eston/Rieleston (whichever one is the small mountainous realm) looks good. Their geography is unique, their realm small and their enemies many... just the way I like it. I may emigrate there in a week or so. If I do I'll bring one of those monster summoning scrolls with me - and hopefully get to use it!

Eirikr

« Reply #1482: January 02, 2013, 08:24:47 PM »
Eston/Rieleston (whichever one is the small mountainous realm) looks good. Their geography is unique, their realm small and their enemies many... just the way I like it. I may emigrate there in a week or so. If I do I'll bring one of those monster summoning scrolls with me - and hopefully get to use it!

That would be Rieleston, but they aren't fighting in the major conflict right now.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483: January 02, 2013, 09:48:44 PM »
Unrelated: The current map of Atamara really makes Rieleston's name obvious. (Emphasis added, necessary or not.)

It does funky stuff like that... If the labeller can detect where the capital is, it should probably consider that for label placement. I doubt it can, though...

Same for duchies, with the duke's region (if any).

Otherwise, it should label the biggest mass (if it can). It seems to favor the smallest mass more often than not.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484: January 03, 2013, 07:36:04 AM »

... What's that, map? You want to make Eston a rump state that only has Elost left? ... Isn't that kind of cruel and silly, map? ... Well, okay. You're the boss.  ???
------
qui audet vincit