Author Topic: Log in page (new heraldry page) :(  (Read 6904 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Log in page (new heraldry page) :(
« Topic Start: May 13, 2017, 09:03:38 PM »
I've noticed a few little things that pop up with this new system. 

1) The character list keeps changing as I go through my characters.  Instead of having a static list where I know where to click again, the character order reorders itself.  I'm not sure what that order is though.  That's a bit annoying up front.  The default seems to be by island, but then why is it changing?  Perhaps a bug?

If you set the ordering to "standard" with the buttons below the character list, I believe that should give you a stable ordering.

2) My Adventurer is wounded, but it says that they are okay.  Filed it as a bug http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=9069

Yes, that's a bug. Or rather, an oversight on my part. Sorry! I will definitely be adding back proper status display in the very near future.

3) Is there a reason why the new messages are shown in the status as well as on the parchment?  Maybe one or the either?  If going with one location, I would prefer just the parchment.

Noted. Basically, the reason for having both is because I wasn't sure if people would be happy with just having it on the parchment.

There are some things I like about the new system.  It is obviously designed for Desktop systems.  When you start going to tablets/mobile phones, it means there is a more scrolling required.  This isn't my favorite thing when I'm on my phone especially traveling.

In my experience, on mobile, there is scrolling required no matter what you do, and this at least gracefully arranges itself to fit into small screen sizes, while the old one would just make you zoom a lot if you actually wanted to get anything done.

However, if there's enough interest, I might be able to build in an alternative display mode to the new one, that would arrange each character's information in a single row, more like how the old one looked.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan