Author Topic: Log in page (new heraldry page) :(  (Read 6746 times)

Trager

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Topic Start: May 13, 2017, 03:46:59 AM »
Um.. am honestly used to and like the way it's always been.. this auto sorting thingamabob, am not a fan of...

Can we have a tick box under Options to "Use old login (simple) page" please please please?

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Log in page (new heraldry page) :(
« Reply #1: May 13, 2017, 04:12:01 AM »
It's totally awesome but the heraldry is still buggy glad I got one in but I want to edit  8) 8) 8)
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 13, 2017, 04:32:50 AM »
Um.. am honestly used to and like the way it's always been.. this auto sorting thingamabob, am not a fan of...

Can we have a tick box under Options to "Use old login (simple) page" please please please?

If you look between your family name and the "volunteering" box, you will see precisely that option.

However, the old page will not be updated or receive fun new features like the heraldry designer, and will eventually be retired altogether.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 13, 2017, 04:34:28 AM »
When you get the white page error, add
?step=Reset
to the end of the URl. It'll let you design a new banner and at the end compare it to your current saved one to choose between.

Purrcious

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 13, 2017, 04:41:21 AM »
I am saddened my the amount of dogs to cat ratio in the Heraldry. I demand a recount!
Calm like a Tiger, Quick like a Cheetah, Fierce like a Lion,
Silent like a Puma, Agile like a Jaguar, Lazy like a House Cat!

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 13, 2017, 05:40:44 AM »
I'm rockin' that lion - that do for ya Purrcious?

My one gripe is that you can't tell if you are travelling from the login page anymore (and thus if I need to login and spend my hours). Think we could bring that into the new login page?

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 13, 2017, 06:13:44 AM »
I like what you're going for and I think it is long past time for a new design, but it maybe takes up a bit too much room and spreads it out a bit too far. Still overall I like it, just may need some tweaking to make important information stand out a little more clearly to a quick look through.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 13, 2017, 10:09:32 AM »
All of your feedback is actually to do that, tweak the page the better suit the player needs.

I am sure Tim will take into account all suggestions if you have any concrete suggestions.

If you can't see that you're travelling, that is definitely undesired behavior! Will need to fix.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Trager

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 13, 2017, 02:14:32 PM »
If you look between your family name and the "volunteering" box, you will see precisely that option.

However, the old page will not be updated or receive fun new features like the heraldry designer, and will eventually be retired altogether.

I DID see that... but I'm not worried about the bells and whistles for the log in page.. it just doesn't interest me... and the "retired altogether", I see no reason for, since it's just coding and a simple page, so shouldn't take up much space in the server...

So again, could there please be an option to use "old log in page" as a default, to where you don't have to switch to it each time between characters, because it defaults to the Heraldry thing..?

daviceroy

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 13, 2017, 04:16:32 PM »
I've noticed a few little things that pop up with this new system. 

1) The character list keeps changing as I go through my characters.  Instead of having a static list where I know where to click again, the character order reorders itself.  I'm not sure what that order is though.  That's a bit annoying up front.  The default seems to be by island, but then why is it changing?  Perhaps a bug?

ETA: On my desktop, the current order of characters are: Row 1) Rosalia (Hero/BT), 2) Amber (Adv/BT), 3) Cymore (Hero/DWI) Row 2) Jim (Priest, EC), Syndee (War/WI), Antonio (War/Col)

However, on my tablet, they are ordered: Row 1) Jim (Priest/EC), Cymore (Hero/DWI), Row 2) Syndee (WI), Roslia (BT) Row 3: Amber (BT), Antonia (Col)

Not sure why the order of the two are different.

2) My Adventurer is wounded, but it says that they are okay.  Filed it as a bug http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=9069

3) Is there a reason why the new messages are shown in the status as well as on the parchment?  Maybe one or the either?  If going with one location, I would prefer just the parchment.

There are some things I like about the new system.  It is obviously designed for Desktop systems.  When you start going to tablets/mobile phones, it means there is a more scrolling required.  This isn't my favorite thing when I'm on my phone especially traveling.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 13, 2017, 08:59:55 PM »
So again, could there please be an option to use "old log in page" as a default, to where you don't have to switch to it each time between characters, because it defaults to the Heraldry thing..?

...Well, it's supposed to remember your choice, whenever you change which one you're using, at least on the computer you're on at that time.

For some reason, though, while the new page is setting the cookie just fine, the old one seems to be just saying, "Nah, I don't feel like doing that."

...This requires further investigation.

Edit: Fixed! Try it now, please. :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 09:08:03 PM by Anaris »
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 13, 2017, 09:03:38 PM »
I've noticed a few little things that pop up with this new system. 

1) The character list keeps changing as I go through my characters.  Instead of having a static list where I know where to click again, the character order reorders itself.  I'm not sure what that order is though.  That's a bit annoying up front.  The default seems to be by island, but then why is it changing?  Perhaps a bug?

If you set the ordering to "standard" with the buttons below the character list, I believe that should give you a stable ordering.

2) My Adventurer is wounded, but it says that they are okay.  Filed it as a bug http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=9069

Yes, that's a bug. Or rather, an oversight on my part. Sorry! I will definitely be adding back proper status display in the very near future.

3) Is there a reason why the new messages are shown in the status as well as on the parchment?  Maybe one or the either?  If going with one location, I would prefer just the parchment.

Noted. Basically, the reason for having both is because I wasn't sure if people would be happy with just having it on the parchment.

There are some things I like about the new system.  It is obviously designed for Desktop systems.  When you start going to tablets/mobile phones, it means there is a more scrolling required.  This isn't my favorite thing when I'm on my phone especially traveling.

In my experience, on mobile, there is scrolling required no matter what you do, and this at least gracefully arranges itself to fit into small screen sizes, while the old one would just make you zoom a lot if you actually wanted to get anything done.

However, if there's enough interest, I might be able to build in an alternative display mode to the new one, that would arrange each character's information in a single row, more like how the old one looked.
Timothy Collett

Trager

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 13, 2017, 09:15:01 PM »
Problem---------

Go to Old Version, see list as I expect of characters...

Hit Play on one of the characters, it goes back to the list of Characters... basically... it won't go "in" to the character now..

NOTE: as per the bug I reported in the tracker, still a problem with trying to do Court and it says you already did it today (or this turn)...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 09:16:39 PM by Trager »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 13, 2017, 10:49:20 PM »
Problem---------

Go to Old Version, see list as I expect of characters...

Hit Play on one of the characters, it goes back to the list of Characters... basically... it won't go "in" to the character now..

Which character is it? Have you tried with more than one?

NOTE: as per the bug I reported in the tracker, still a problem with trying to do Court and it says you already did it today (or this turn)...

That's a separate issue, which I have fixed for the next turn change.
Timothy Collett

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 13, 2017, 10:59:22 PM »
Which character is it? Have you tried with more than one?

That's a separate issue, which I have fixed for the next turn change.

Same problem with upgrading fortifications, says I have already done it today.
As the upgrading fort mechanic seems to be similarly tied in with the courts mechanic I am guessing it might be ok next turn.
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd