Author Topic: Change in Time Pool  (Read 3493 times)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Change in Time Pool
« Topic Start: July 10, 2011, 10:16:42 PM »
Well, this thread is based on much said in this thread, specially this:

In eRepublik V1, one of the things I liked most was the "2 click" concept. It was figure of speech, of course, but the idea was that if for any reason you had very little time for a while to be as active as normally, you'd be able to keep up with just 2 clicks (one to work, one to train). If you came back you'd find many more options, like in this game most of them socially-related (planning, plotting, organizing). That was putting to practice one concept I saw in the starting page of Battle Master: that you'd be able to play the game spending just 15 minutes a day without getting way too behind. Currently I don't believe such to be truth in here. You can only pool 12 hours with the Warrior Noble, and only 16 hours with the Adventurer or Priest, instead of the 16 and 24 hours you'd need if you were to log in once a day.

Basically it's a personal opinion that many games fail in demanding excessive time from its player base, and not allowing them to take a break from it without cutting their progress. It does make more sense in a commercial game, in where you are stimulated to keep playing no matter what (and usually consuming their products in the process), but it doesn't as much to a game that proposes itself to be able to be played in 15 minutes a day without substantial loss.

The idea is to make things easier to the "2 clickers", with less loss for not being able to log in both turns per day. If you do log in twice a day, the benefits are obviously there, but if you don't, you'll still be able to keep up much better than right now.

So, basically the suggestion is to change the time pools from 12 hours to 16 (for Warrior and Courtier) and from 16 to 24 (for Adventurer and Priest).
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).