Author Topic: Distance from the capital and anarchists  (Read 5026 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
The Morek Empire is called that for a reason and so is Luria Nova considered its third iteration of  its empire. They have fallen and reformed.

the lands of the former Morek Empire were vast. Those regions belonged to many smaller realms. Aegir's deep and Nifelheim, that area has a lot of cities, townlands, strongholds. D'hara is literally only cities and townslands, before the east was closed they had plenty of opportunity and still do with their gold.

Luria Nova used to be 4 realms, 5 even at one point. That empire building is possible doesn't make it equal to accentuating inequality. In essence are you saying you are frustrated that some areas allow the creation of larger realms where several smaller realms could exist? That seems a mute argument for the very simple reason that some realms will be bigger than others.

The maps were made the way they were with a reason, this empire building and centers of power taken into consideration. It seems futile to bemoan this decision as it was and is, a core design feature. Using the quality of competitiveness and linking that to geographical advantage you make a point. However, as with any situation there are many advantages to consider that would help to overcome a disadvantage such as geography. I won't list them here for you can well imagine them I reckon.  However, and I will say it again, geography, or map design, as a reason to bemoan advantage or disadvantage, knowing that map design the way it is was a core feature, seem actually silly.

Jealousy, another quality you mention, has very much inspired and led to conflict. The empires, or big realms, that came into existence did so not through peaceful means. They looked onto neighbors, had life and death struggles and eventually formed empires. These very empires broke apart and with time emerged again. If the inequality of geography doesn't promote strife and conflict then what does in your words?

The game is called Battlemaster, the principals are of war and no peaceful realm creation in nearly any way, the maps are designed to promote these values and ideas, the grass being greener on the other side incites desire and yeah, that seems to sum it up pretty well.

Also, personally, your argument that people quit the game as a result of geography is just low in my mind. It is my hope you will be able to frame that particular part a bit more elaborately. I might not have understood you properly or your train of thought.