Author Topic: Rebellion  (Read 2482 times)

T0mislav

Rebellion
« Topic Start: May 16, 2017, 08:43:34 AM »
Is city militia taking side during the rebellion?

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Rebellion
« Reply #1: May 16, 2017, 09:28:49 AM »
I have been involved in quite number of rebellions. Yes, city militia will take side: either current government, rebels or they remain neutral. Even if you are the one who dropped the men off as militia, there are other factors that determine them choosing a side.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

T0mislav

« Reply #2: May 16, 2017, 09:40:00 AM »
Can it be predicted which side individual militia unit will take or it is based on factors that are unpredictable for characters?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 16, 2017, 01:45:08 PM »
They always appeared to split 50/50 to me, more or less.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 16, 2017, 01:49:52 PM »
There are (fairly simple) ways to predict it, but to my knowledge, these have never been discovered by players.

They always try to postulate that it's something that would be absurdly complicated to code, like who dropped off the militia, or whether the Margrave likes strawberries.

It's really much simpler than that.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 16, 2017, 02:09:20 PM »
Well, rebellions are so rare, and there's always so much going on when it happens, and when the general's involved often it involves just scrapping all of the militia. So... hard to get much reliable empirical data. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 16, 2017, 02:32:50 PM »
I guess It has something to do with the amount of nobles joining a particular side. (only reasonable thing i can think of)
Rebellions are rare though and the only ones i actually witnessed where more like as Chenier describes: with a general or Duke disbanding all Militia.
A well planned rebellion by a General can easily be won by ordering all nobles far off(except he and his buddies), disbanding all militia and just wait for a day in the capital.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 16, 2017, 02:36:58 PM »
Generals that don't lead from the front lines? That's crazy-talk.

T0mislav

« Reply #8: May 16, 2017, 11:00:31 PM »
heh...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 06:50:15 PM by T0mislav »