Author Topic: Double Signatures from New Players  (Read 10658 times)

bluexmas

• Knight
    • View Profile
Double Signatures from New Players
« Topic Start: July 11, 2011, 06:12:44 AM »
Let's be honest, many new players send messages with double signatures until someone corrects them. I did this myself, and see it happen all the time. I think the process of being corrected about something so minor is a little embarrassing and a little annoying. Could it be made obvious somewhere in the new player documentation that they don't actually need to sign messages? I know this is a small thing, but I think the fix is simple, and streamlining something like this removes one more minor annoyance from new people who join.  Maybe even just updating the battlemaster basics and new player guide wiki pages would do the trick, or at least minimize the occurrences.
The Finsternis family welcomes you.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Double Signatures from New Players
« Reply #1: July 11, 2011, 06:48:22 AM »
new players? heh.. you even see that with old players.

eg.. the one who plays king of summerdale
firefox

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 11, 2011, 01:04:44 PM »
new players? heh.. you even see that with old players.

eg.. the one who plays king of summerdale

I always chuckle when I see an old player continuusly do the double signature. It makes them look really egomaniacal.
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 11, 2011, 01:13:29 PM »
I don't understand them. When you send a message, you then get to see it as others do. And you clearly see that an automatic signature was included. It just looks stupid.

The only time I do something similar is when I want to expose a religious or other non-generated title, but repeating that you are king is just dumb.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 11, 2011, 03:03:27 PM »
well.. he doesn't repeat king.. he just repeats his name
something like..

joe bloggs

joe bloggs
king of X
firefox

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 11, 2011, 09:11:03 PM »
I don't understand them. When you send a message, you then get to see it as others do. And you clearly see that an automatic signature was included. It just looks stupid.

Yeah, I think I did it the very first time I sent a message, but realized I didn't need to after that first one.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 11, 2011, 11:59:43 PM »
well.. he doesn't repeat king.. he just repeats his name
something like..

joe bloggs

joe bloggs
king of X

Repeating that you are Joe Bloggs twice is just as dumb, imo.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 12, 2011, 02:34:57 AM »
Repeating that you are Joe Bloggs twice is just as dumb, imo.

Not so much dumb, just extremely (and oddly) oblivious to the game that (if you're a King) probably spend a good amount of time playing. A little, perplexing really.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 12, 2011, 03:55:03 AM »
Not so much dumb, just extremely (and oddly) oblivious to the game that (if you're a King) probably spend a good amount of time playing. A little, perplexing really.

When you write a message, you automatically get shown a copy. With your double signature that stands out considerably. Try it, you'll see it's quite noticeable.

I refuse to believe he has never seen that the game automatically generates a signature. Or that he has never looked up his sent messages.

Does he believes that people are always manually signing their names without ever doing any typos? This too I refuse to believe, as it would too stupid.

There is really no excuse for writing double-signature messages beyond your first 1-3.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 12, 2011, 04:17:21 AM »
Unless you do it just to get under the skin of your realm mates :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 12, 2011, 09:34:42 AM »
When you write a message, you automatically get shown a copy. With your double signature that stands out considerably. Try it, you'll see it's quite noticeable.

I refuse to believe he has never seen that the game automatically generates a signature. Or that he has never looked up his sent messages.

Does he believes that people are always manually signing their names without ever doing any typos? This too I refuse to believe, as it would too stupid.

There is really no excuse for writing double-signature messages beyond your first 1-3.

I know. This is what I was talking about: how can you be so extremely oblivious to the fact that the message you send automatically signs it for you?

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #11: July 12, 2011, 10:34:42 PM »
Honestly... I don't know why Joash signs his name twice. It's very perplexing. Otherwise, he is a fine character.

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 14, 2011, 08:03:58 AM »
Scathach does it because she likes to use The Fancy Letters, with the Special Ink.

She's also barely literate and has someone else write the letters, so she likes to make sure everyone knows how (un)important she is.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 14, 2011, 06:02:25 PM »
Honestly... I don't know why Joash signs his name twice. It's very perplexing.
Have you asked him?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 15, 2011, 01:02:51 AM »
Have you asked him?

If you didn't, please do.