Author Topic: Rejected: Legendary NPC Travelling Experts  (Read 2769 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Rejected: Legendary NPC Travelling Experts
« Topic Start: May 23, 2017, 05:40:42 PM »

Summary: So a thought occurred to me. What if, once your character maxes out a particular skill - which would be legendary- a new class option becomes available where you can chose for your character to become a wandering NPC that other characters can pay gold to learn from in much the same way mystic/sages work?

Details: So what I envision is that say your character gets to 100 in spellcasting. An option becomes available under the Change Class menu where, if you select it, your character retires and becomes an NPC, the character is no longer usable by the player and now operates on the same movement rules as Sages/Mystics and are granted a sagename by the devs, like Machiavel the Orator or somesuch. Unlike an Academy, if your character finds one of these experts and pays the fee for their teachings, your skill is guaranteed to go up. I think it would be really cool if there was a feature where the gold these Experts collect are sent directly to your family wealth. It would be interesting if only advy's could track these NPC's, same as they do sages, and then report on them to their noble benefactors, who will then try to reach the sage and learn from them before they vanish again. Maybe the Advy's can generate a report which they can then sell to nobles. We can either start fresh or players can volunteer past/current family members who have a 100 skill in something for consideration. Titan's could approve any such class-change request.

Benefits: Fresh idea provides another way for players to leave their mark on the game. Additional way to earn family wealth. Add's additional depth to Advy's and their interactions with nobility. In addition to adding this additional player goal, realms and characters will work together to find these rare experts and learn from them. I can't think of another game that allows you to, over the course of years, create a lasting, purposeful NPC.

Possible Downsides or Exploits: It is possible that the game could be flooded with these NPCs, but Titan's having the final determination should cinch it. There would be a whole lot of coding involved, as with all my ideas it seems. I'm bad at thinking of downsides.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 08:36:53 PM by Vita »
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"