Author Topic: Rejected: Anonymous Messages  (Read 1183 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Rejected: Anonymous Messages
« Topic Start: May 23, 2017, 06:15:30 PM »
Summary: Battlemaster is not just about the battles, it's about the intrigue, and that's a facet of the game that I would love to see cultivated further. We already have options for Undergrounds and such, but these would not be suitable for more intimate interactions/scenarios. More times than I can count, I wish that I was able to send a message anonymously so that the recipient did not know it came from me or my character.

Details: We already have an option to pay gold to hide recipients. I want a more expensive option to hide the sender's identity in the same menu. I think it would be best if this option did not become available until after 100 days in realm. Another possible restriction is having it only available to characters in or near the same region as yours.

Benefits: I see this being used for everything from simple romances to plotting all-out rebellions. I feel it will add an exciting layer of mystery to the game. Since we already have the option to hide the recipients, this seems fair.

Downsides: Unfortunately, not all players are responsible or respectful. Anonymous messages could be abused, even with the 100 day and location limitations I suggested. In instances of true abuse or violations of the social contract being reported, I would hope that Titans would be able to pull message sent/received times to identify and punish the offender.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 08:30:30 PM by Vita »
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Anonymous Messages
« Reply #1: May 23, 2017, 08:30:08 PM »
This has definitely been repeatedly asked before, and rejected. As you note, its way too prone to abuse.