Author Topic: Rejected: Improving Weapons/Armor  (Read 3815 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Rejected: Improving Weapons/Armor
« Topic Start: June 09, 2017, 12:51:55 PM »
Uh, you are aware of the change to recruitment center quality, such that a small realm without many quality centers is much more likely to generate a quality center than a large realm with many quality centers?

Either this code is too new for me to have seen any impact from it, legacy RCs outweighing new RCs by a metric crapton, or its effect is insufficient to counter the sheer resources available to large realms. When I piloted infrastructure programs in large realms, I'd often order the destruction of 1 RC per week, and from a pool of 30 or so it was easy to target the worst centers while also considering the costs (according to how many RCs that region already had). I would never dream of such scale projects in small realms. Small realms, when they get "meh" centers, they tend to keep it because resources are sparse and you might end up paying all that gold just to get worse. Range 1 MI and range 2 archers, for example, tend to stick around much longer in small realms than in large realms (in realms that actually care about such things). I haven't been a lord in a while, though, but I haven't seen anything to suggest this code has had much impact.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron